PDA

View Full Version : Lathe Question

Hal Peeler
09-17-2003, 8:27 PM
My Jet mini will be arriving tomorrow or the next and I want to build a table for it. I was thinking something along the lines of the one in the Penn State catalog but I don't want to keep my tools in drawers all the time. If anyone has any ideas or experience in building one I would like to hear from you. I only turn pens and calls but I've done it on an old sears lathe up until now so I'm really looking forward to the Jet. Thanks in advance.
Hal

Richard Allen
09-18-2003, 8:11 AM
Hi Hal

Congradulations on the new lathe.

I just set my mini on a bench when I use it so I can't be of much help for a cabinet.

Thanks

Diane Maluso
09-18-2003, 1:18 PM
Congratulations on the new lathe, Hal. It's a good one. I used to store my tools on a rack under the lathe...in the stand but have now moved them to a simple rack on the wall next to the lathe instead. This keeps them visible rather than lost under shavings, away from wet shaving piles, and up where I need to reach them. Worth thinking about. Enjoy!

Diane

Steven Wilson
09-18-2003, 3:24 PM
Hal,

Here's a picture of the one I made for my Delta Midi. It's heavy enough to provide decent support for the lathe (especially out of balence bowl blanks). And here's a link to a stand built by a friend of mine for his Jet mini http://www.kestrelcreek.com/Articles/Mini_lathe_stand.htm