PDA

View Full Version : Any word on John Miliunas's surgery?

Jerry Olexa
07-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Know "Spring" had surgery on his hand today. Any word back on how he's doing? Karl, maybe you know...John, we miss you already:) Get back soon..

Karl Laustrup
07-06-2006, 6:42 AM
Haven't heard anything as of this time. If it's anything like the last time he was out of it all day yesterday and will be in quite a bit of pain today. I was planning on checking tomorrow [Friday] if I don't hear from him today.

Karl

Dennis Peacock
07-06-2006, 9:27 AM
Keep us posted Karl. I'd like to know myself.

Frank Chaffee
07-06-2006, 10:06 AM
I got a one word PM from him this morning… don’t know how long it took him to type it, but his avatar still shows a smiling face.

He is online now…

Frank

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I got a one word PM from him this morning… don’t know how long it took him to type it, but his avatar still shows a smiling face.

He is online now…

Frank

Most likely the drugs are still working :D

I hope you are doing well John!

Mark Rios
07-06-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm very sorry, I didn't know about any surgery.

Hope all is well John!

Steve Ash
07-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Hey John, if you are reading this, we are thinking of you and hoping for a full and speedy recovery. Take good care.:D

Lee DeRaud
07-06-2006, 12:25 PM
He is online now…That may not mean anything: if his setup is anything like mine, it just means his computer is turned on and connected to his ISP.

Steve Ash
07-06-2006, 12:29 PM
That may not mean anything: if his setup is anything like mine, it just means his computer is turned on and connected to his ISP.

Actually Lee, you can click on his, or anyones name and see if they are viewing a thread. That wouldn't be the case if they were just turned on to the net would it?

Lee DeRaud
07-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Actually Lee, you can click on his, or anyones name and see if they are viewing a thread. That wouldn't be the case if they were just turned on to the net would it?Could be. My laptop is on a cable connection and just goes to standby when I close it: the SMC browser window never gets closed. So I think it shows me in the online list from about 7AM to 11PM or so...and no, I'm not sitting here the whole time. :p

There may be a timeout at the SMC end, but I obviously have no way to tell, short of signing on in 'guest' mode from a different machine.

Edit: just checked, he's gone now. Dunno if that means he just went away or he was on once this morning and his connection just timed out.

Frank Chaffee
07-06-2006, 12:54 PM
… it shows me in the online list from about 7AM to 11PM or so...and no, I'm not sitting here the whole time. :p
I’m relieved to learn that! I was trying to come up with a politic way of suggesting you get more exercise.

Frank

John Miliunas
07-06-2006, 1:09 PM
Thanks guys! I'm here now....sort of. Pain pills ain't helping much, so laying down most of the time. Hurts like the devil & hard to type but, still alive and saving up my wise-a$$ replies for later! :D You guys behave now, 'ya hear?! :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Don Baer
07-06-2006, 1:16 PM
Good to hear from you John. Just take it easy and let nature do her job. Hope to see you back in action soon.

Vaughn McMillan
07-06-2006, 1:21 PM
I'm very sorry, I didn't know about any surgery.

Hope all is well John!
Do a search on SMC for "head transplant". That'll explain the reasons why he's going through the painful procedure. :D It's all for the betterment of mankind.

Glad to see you're back online, John. Here's to a speedy and pain-free (as possible) recovery.

- Vaughn

tod evans
07-06-2006, 1:32 PM
john, if the pills aren`t working holler at the doctor, they have pills that`ll work! s.o.p. is to try something light and see if you complain, if you complain they`ll kick `er up a notch and see if you complain again, if you do then up to the next notch you go untill you`re drooling on yourself and babbling incoherently. when you can no longer voice your complaints without nodding off you`re at the correct post-op dosage.
hope you mend quickly. tod

Jeff Sudmeier
07-06-2006, 1:34 PM
Thanks guys! I'm here now....sort of. Pain pills ain't helping much, so laying down most of the time. Hurts like the devil & hard to type but, still alive and saving up my wise-a$$ replies for later! :D You guys behave now, 'ya hear?! :rolleyes: :D :cool:

John, good to hear you are back!

I hope the recovery goes well and you are back taking on "The list" soon!

John Miliunas
07-06-2006, 1:41 PM
if you do then up to the next notch you go untill you`re drooling on yourself and babbling incoherently. when you can no longer voice your complaints without nodding off you`re at the correct post-op dosage.
tod

Oh, you mean back to my normal self, huh?:D :cool:

tod evans
07-06-2006, 1:44 PM

why yeah;)

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-06-2006, 1:47 PM
Glad you're back with us on the creek. Take care and get better, soon.

Bruce

Frank Chaffee
07-06-2006, 1:55 PM
Most likely the drugs are still working :D
I hope you are doing well John!
IIRC, when John had the other hand (thumb actually), done, he had a ‘scrip to die for. Unfortunately, it didn’t agree with him and he just toughed it out.
Better than getting hooked tho, like Rush did.

Frank

John,
Good to see your cheery face back on the Creek my friend!

Jerry Olexa
07-06-2006, 2:30 PM
John, glad you're back (at least partially:D ). Take it easy. The worst is over. Each day will get better and you'll be glad later you did it. Keep your sense of humor. Get well. Brett sends his best:D

Jim O'Dell
07-06-2006, 2:38 PM
John, looks like you'll live 'cause you still have your sense of humor! Take it easy. Have someone come in to do your typing. You can dictate from the sofa! Jim.

Karl Laustrup
07-06-2006, 3:10 PM
john, if the pills aren`t working holler at the doctor, they have pills that`ll work! s.o.p. is to try something light and see if you complain, if you complain they`ll kick `er up a notch and see if you complain again, if you do then up to the next notch you go untill you`re drooling on yourself and babbling incoherently. when you can no longer voice your complaints without nodding off you`re at the correct post-op dosage.
hope you mend quickly. tod

Hey Tod, how bout sending him some of that special moonshine. It'll probably work better and certainly it would be a lot more fun taking it. :D I think the SMC Carting vehicle will be through your neck of the woods real soon. Just load some on and point them in the right direction.

Spring, glad your awake and typing again. Just remember how good it'll feel once it stops hurting. :eek: :D

Karl

tod evans
07-06-2006, 3:31 PM
Hey Tod, how bout sending him some of that special moonshine. It'll probably work better and certainly it would be a lot more fun taking it. :D I think the SMC Carting vehicle will be through your neck of the woods real soon. Just load some on and point them in the right direction.

Spring, glad your awake and typing again. Just remember how good it'll feel once it stops hurting. :eek: :D

Karl

can do karl, i learned to make corn squeezins before i could drive legally.

David Wilson
07-06-2006, 3:39 PM
John
Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Hang in there buddy.

Tyler Howell
07-06-2006, 3:45 PM
Some people will do anything to get away from that Evil Drug Spin Crack:rolleyes::D
Fair Winds and Following Seas.;)

Jim Becker
07-06-2006, 4:19 PM
Ya know, John...it's very easy to make wise-cracks with only one finger...err...well...that's not allowed around here. Oh, well! :D

Remember, beer and ice cream are great for recovery!

Andy Hoyt
07-06-2006, 4:31 PM
Hey John! You should have given Moxie a try - long before your surgery. It cures all. Some say this is because its consumption leads to a premature demise:eek:; but hey! At least your hand won't hurt amy more!

Get healed up dude. You're on a mission, ya know.

John Miliunas
07-06-2006, 4:42 PM
Get healed up dude. You're on a mission, ya know.

Aye, aye, Sir! :) Until I get my mitts on some 'o dat Moxie, I'm gonna' go take my afternoon dosage of funny pills and go lay down. If the Abbyseration goes down while I'm "out", someone wanna' give me a call? Thanks! :D :cool:

Vaughn McMillan
07-06-2006, 5:09 PM
Dang it John, you beat me to the punchline. :p

Get well (or as "well" as is normal for you) soon, buddy.

- Vaughn

Chris Padilla
07-06-2006, 5:52 PM
Let's get some pics of that mangled up hand, John! I see a new avatar in your future! :D

Roy Wall
07-06-2006, 5:58 PM
Ya know, John...it's very easy to make wise-cracks with only one finger...err...well...!

I'm on the floor laughing my guts out!!!!!:) :D :) :cool: Good one Jim!!

Hang in there John!!!

Tom Sherman
07-06-2006, 6:03 PM
Good to see you came through with flying colors...oooh look at all of them...was I through. Take care John and come in from time to time. Still praying for you and your recovery.

Richard Wolf
07-06-2006, 6:03 PM
Get well, buddy.

Richard

Ken Fitzgerald
07-06-2006, 6:16 PM
Get to healing John! We look forward to your total recovery.

Joe Mioux
07-06-2006, 6:20 PM
John:

Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery....

Joe

Cecil Arnold
07-06-2006, 7:11 PM
John, glad to see you are up for the abuse, and it's even free. Get well soon.

Frank Chaffee
07-06-2006, 7:26 PM
Get to healing John! We look forward to your total recovery.
Sorry John,
I just can’t resist,
Isn’t it a bit late in life to consider the possibility of “total recovery”?

HEHEHE,
Frank

John Miliunas
07-06-2006, 7:29 PM
Hah! You guys can't possibly hold a candle to the abuse I'm already going through!!! :eek: Thanks for all the well wishes and, for the picture police, here's a bit of proof! Warning!!!! It's a pretty gross sight!!! :eek: :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
07-06-2006, 7:59 PM
Hey, buddy. I don't much care what the doc's orders might be. So I'm gonna think of ya like this. May have to hoist one in your honor in a bit, too.

John Miliunas
07-06-2006, 8:02 PM
Hey, buddy. I don't much care what the doc's orders might be. So I'm gonna think of ya like this. May have to hoist one in your honor in a bit, too.

LOL! That's good, Drew!!! :D I only wish I could hold one like that! Not yet, I'm afraid. Oh, and next time, you wanna' open the dang thing for me??? :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Chris Padilla
07-06-2006, 8:07 PM
Oh, and next time, you wanna' open the dang thing for me??? :rolleyes: :D :cool:

That's what yer teeth are fer, Johnny-boy!!! hahahaha

Ron Jones near Indy
07-06-2006, 8:11 PM
Hang in there John. It will get better! And call the doc. Let them know you are pain--they will probably try something else.

Jerry Olexa
07-06-2006, 8:24 PM

Spring: You're looking better already...:D Take it easy. Healing takes time even for a young guy like you:)

John Miliunas
07-06-2006, 8:41 PM
Spring: You're looking better already...:D Take it easy. Healing takes time even for a young guy like you:)
"...looking better..." :confused: Compared to what???:eek: Ain't young no more, either! Goin' over the hill this year! :( :cool:

Terry Hatfield
07-06-2006, 8:57 PM
John,

Don't look to bad to me. Suck it up and get on with it. :D

Seriously, I hope everything turns out well for ya buddy. I know about them there surgerys. That ain't no fun!!!!

t

John Scarpa
07-07-2006, 12:59 AM
John, Hope your feeling better. That brewski should help!

Zahid Naqvi
07-07-2006, 3:02 PM
John, didn't realize you had surgery, hope you get better soon.

Jerry Olexa
07-07-2006, 3:03 PM
So....How's the patient feeling today?? Hope its not too bad, buddy. Hang in there. An Old Style is on the way...:p

John Miliunas
07-07-2006, 4:33 PM
So....How's the patient feeling today?? Hope its not too bad, buddy. Hang in there. An Old Style is on the way...:p

Thanks, Jerry. Still swollen pretty bad but, either the pain is down a notch or I'm just getting used to it. :rolleyes: Which reminds me: 'Think it's time for another dose of "stupid pills". :eek: Thanks! :D :cool:

Steve Ash
07-07-2006, 7:28 PM
Dang John...I didn't know you had a couple of tattoo's...we coulda compared em when I was there. You really oughta get a Packers tattoo next!

Randy Moore
07-07-2006, 9:31 PM
We got one moderator out of action:) for a little bit so I can't figure out why we want him back so soon!:confused: :eek: We can have some fun with him gone, CAN" WE?!:)

John, hope you're back to normal soon WHATEVER THAT MAY BE. We do miss your wisdom and you.:) :) :)

John Miliunas
07-07-2006, 11:21 PM
We got one moderator out of action:) for a little bit so I can't figure out why we want him back so soon!:confused: :eek: We can have some fun with him gone, CAN" WE?!:)

John, hope you're back to normal soon WHATEVER THAT MAY BE. We do miss your wisdom and you. :)

Thanks, Randy! (I think....):rolleyes: :D I'll still be poking around, though a bit less and not quite so long-winded! :D :cool:

Jay Knoll
07-08-2006, 6:16 AM
John

Just doing a bit of catching up, finally got to an internet cafe. Glad to hear you're on the mend, did they do that thing where they replace part of the joint with a bit of tendon? I'm probably looking at that in a few years myself.

All the best

Jay

John Miliunas
07-08-2006, 9:09 AM
John

Just doing a bit of catching up, finally got to an internet cafe. Glad to hear you're on the mend, did they do that thing where they replace part of the joint with a bit of tendon? I'm probably looking at that in a few years myself.

All the best

Jay

Thanks, Jay. :) Yes, that's precisely part of the procedure! Had my left hand done last year, and today, it's almost pain-free. Not 100% but, so much better than before that, I felt it's very much worth it. :) My recommendation: If you've been diagnosed with "Basal Thumb Arthritis", don't wait!!! It only gets worse and the surgery just becomes more invasive. The sooner, the better! :) :cool:

Jim Becker
07-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Sounds like surgery similar to what I really "should" have done. I "popped" something in my left hand a few years ago, saw the doc and the procedure described is similar to what Jay wrote. That hand, however, has healed by itself somehow and well...you know...it never got done. (Typical man, I hear...) A few weeks ago, while playing with Alesya in the drive, I tripped on the ball we were throwing back and forth and fell down. I started to try and break the fall with my right hand/arm, but at the last minute, pulled back...not quite in time. I have a suspicion that I "popped" the same part on my right hand now. Oy!

'Glad you're on the mend, John...and I'm sure you can "moderate" just fine with the working fingers!!

Vaughn McMillan
07-08-2006, 3:59 PM
Hah! You guys can't possibly hold a candle to the abuse I'm already going through!!! :eek: Thanks for all the well wishes and, for the picture police, here's a bit of proof! Warning!!!! It's a pretty gross sight!!! :eek: :D :cool:
Wow John, after looking at that picture, I can feel your pain.

The hand looks pretty good, though. :D

- Vaughn

Tom Hamilton
07-08-2006, 4:17 PM
John, here's to a fast recovery and speedy return to the shop...notice I did not suggest speedy return to work. Surely a man of your skill and talent can parley this into a couple of weeks of paid sick leave.

Best regards, Tom, in Houston, who had his done last October.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
07-08-2006, 5:15 PM
I hope the healing goes well for you, John, and that your hand comes back to the point where you can enjoy your favorite add...umm...hobby!

Karl Laustrup
07-08-2006, 5:25 PM
Wow John, after looking at that picture, I can feel your pain.

The hand looks pretty good, though. :D

- Vaughn

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Have some more happy pills Spring. It'll all be better soon.

Karl

Jim Becker
07-08-2006, 8:38 PM
Well, from the looks of the picture, he really does need a beer!

But at least he gets a free bonus avatar for his trouble...

John Miliunas
07-08-2006, 9:19 PM
Well, from the looks of the picture, he really does need a beer!

But at least he gets a free bonus avatar for his trouble...

Thanks for the idea, Jim!!! :D Now I think I'll get that beer! :D :D :cool:

Dale Thompson
07-08-2006, 9:19 PM
Hey Spring,
As you well know, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family "across the entire board"!! :)

I pray that your hand will heal quickly and that your heart will rejoice in all future aspects of your life! :)

Dale T.

John Miliunas
07-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey Spring,
As you well know, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family "across the entire board"!! :)

I pray that your hand will heal quickly and that your heart will rejoice in all future aspects of your life! :)

Dale T.

Thanks, Dale! Yes, I certainly do know where you are with this and I truly and sincerely appreciate it :) And the same back at you, my dear friend! :) :cool:

Jim Becker
07-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Com'on, John...if you're gonna do it, make the thing sharp!

John Miliunas
07-09-2006, 9:41 AM
Com'on, John...if you're gonna do it, make the thing sharp!

Thanks, Jim! Done deal! :) :cool:

Jerry Olexa
07-09-2006, 1:55 PM
Spring: Hope you're doing OK and the pain easing off.. I'll PM or call you on our next step while allowing time for the healing...Trust you're doing better