PDA

View Full Version : Dado blade

David Klug
09-17-2003, 6:25 PM
I found a Freud SD208 dado set for $84.99 which seems like a good price to me. Does anyone have this set and how do you like it? Any information about it would be appreciated. TIA

Dave :confused:

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-17-2003, 7:07 PM
I found a Freud SD208 dado set for $84.99 which seems like a good price to me. Does anyone have this set and how do you like it? Any information about it would be appreciated. TIA

I've got it (two of them, actually). It does what it's supposed to do. I've also used the Jesada stack, and frankly don't see a big difference.

KC

Gene Collison
09-17-2003, 7:20 PM

David,

I have the Freud SD 208 and a 6" Avenger that I bought at Rockler for about $40.00 on sale. I like the Avenger much better and will even sell my SD208 if you are interested. The Avenger is made in China but an uncommonly good value, it has a 4 tooth chippers and 30 tooth blades all C4 carbide, it is well made and includes a really nice case. It also comes with a 1/16th chipper and labeled copper shims. The hole in the Avenger is bored 5/8 on the money, a nice tight fit on the arbor. I don't care for the Freud because it has a negative rake tooth angle (read noisy) The cut is OK but not as good as the Avenger. Wood craft sells the Avenger too I believe.

Gene

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-17-2003, 7:20 PM
I'm with KC on this one Dave. I have the Freud Set, and it cuts very nice Dado's. That is a decent price, and you will not be disappointed with the set. Comes in a great holder also. :)

Duane M Swensen
09-17-2003, 8:29 PM
I have the Freud set as well and am well satisfied with it's performance.The only gripe is the shims are not maked so sometimes had to decide which is which.

John Strait
09-17-2003, 10:47 PM
Dave,

I ordered that same blade, the SD208, from Amazon yesterday and asked if they would price match Toolmarts.com price of $69.99. They did minus another $1.50 for 10% of the difference for a shipped price of 68.49.

John