PDA

View Full Version : New Picture

Carl Eyman
07-04-2006, 11:22 PM
A couple of months ago I posted pictures of a secretary desk I made (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=35866) I just got this picture from my son that shows it off much better; so I thought I'd share it.

My original post said it ould be my last major piece, and it may well be. But I'm scheduled for hip replacement surgery July 12 and am hoping I'll be feeling enough better to try something again after I recover. Keep your fingers crossed.

John Miliunas
07-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Carl, I musta' been asleep at the wheel on your initial post of that piece. Please, accept my apologies and even more, accept my greatest compliments on a job well done!!! :) I mean, I'm talking that desk goes above and beyond! Absolutely stunning. :)

Last but not least, may your surgery go smoothly, so that you're back at it again in your shop! I know you've still got more master-pieces left in 'ya! My prayers will be with you! Hang in there and keep us posted. :) :cool:

Roy Wall
07-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Carl,

This is a beautiful photo that certainly shows off your talent.....it's a beautiful piece built with a lot of skill!

Just make some new drawings while you're recovering .........you'll be good to go!!

Corey Hallagan
07-05-2006, 12:20 AM
It looks great Carl. That is a beautiful piece!Good luck with your surgery.

corey

Allen Bookout
07-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Great work Carl!

I know that you are up on hip replacement much more than I am but I have seen a couple of really incredibly successful recoveries around here. One guy that I know had both hips done last year and he is running around the tennis court playing very good tennis now. I am hopeing for the same type of recovery for you.

Good luck to you and we will all be waiting to hear that you are better than ever.

Allen

Ken Fitzgerald
07-05-2006, 12:29 AM
I like the first photos you posted Carl! I like this one too!

Good luck with your surgery! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

We need a few more major projects from you to show us youngster how it's done!:D

Boyd Gathwright
07-05-2006, 12:53 AM
A couple of months ago I posted pictures of a secretary desk I made (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=35866) I just got this picture from my son that shows it off much better; so I thought I'd share it.

My original post said it ould be my last major piece, and it may well be. But I'm scheduled for hip replacement surgery July 12 and am hoping I'll be feeling enough better to try something again after I recover. Keep your fingers crossed.

....Hi Carl, good luck and may God be with you on your surgery. Will keep you in my prayers. Oh yes, that is a master's work of a secretary, beautiful. From what I hear these days, you should be starting your next project within 6 months.

....Fingers are crossed and my best to you :).

Boyd

Kyle Stiefel
07-05-2006, 1:17 AM
Carl,

Once again you are a fine craftsman. I wish you a speedy recovery on the upcoming hip replacement and look forward to seeing your next big projects!

Vaughn McMillan
07-05-2006, 3:40 AM
Fine picture of an excellent piece, Carl. Masterfully done, for certain.

As has been said, current hip replacement technology is pretty amazing, so don't be surprised of you're back in the shop sooner than you think. We'll all be pulling for a speedy recovery for you.

- Vaughn

Alan Turner
07-05-2006, 5:16 AM
My hat is off to you. I have always wanted to build one of those. Nice work.

Bob Childress
07-05-2006, 7:38 AM
Carl,

That is gorgeous and I don't believe for one minute that it will be your last major piece. Newbies like me need folks like you to show us how and to prove it can be done. My prayers for a successful surgery and a quick return to the wood shop.

John Timberlake
07-05-2006, 8:14 AM
It still looks fantastic. Good luck with the surgery and hope it gets you back in the shop. I would love to see more of this quality work.

Mike Kelly
07-05-2006, 9:00 AM
That is beautiful Carl. You will be back in the shop with a little bit of healing. A friend I work with had a hip replacement about 2 1/2 years ago and he has hiked up Pike's Peak last year and is going again this year. He used to run (walk fast) up the mountain, but has deferred the wear and tear on his new hip. He is definitely mobile though. Takes awhile to recuperate, but it is worth the wait. The shop will be there! Don't sell your tools!

Jim Becker
07-05-2006, 10:25 AM
It's a beautiful piece, Carl. And I do hope you continue your woodworking once your on the mend!

Jerry Olexa
07-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Carl, that is a beautiful piece. Very nicely done. I wish you well on your surgery and you will be in our prayers. Hip replacement today, i'm told, is pretty routine and usually successful. I expect you back in the shop well before you think! Take care...Again, terrific job!

Jerry Strojny
07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Fingers are crossed Carl....you do great work!! We (I) would love to see more craftsmanship like that!

Here's to a speedy recovery and future workshop time.:D

glenn bradley
07-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Carl, a very inspiring piece for someone at my novice level enjoying the path towards improving what I can take on. I also enjoy that style and hope to attempt it somewhere down the road.

Al Killian
07-05-2006, 3:49 PM
Good luck with your surgery. Make sure you listen to your doctor afterwards, and dont over doit. You will be back on your feet makeing more master peices soon. Good luck.

Sam Chambers
07-05-2006, 4:00 PM
Very nice work, Carl.! I hope all goes well with the hip replacement, and you're back in the shop soon.

Alan Tolchinsky
07-05-2006, 4:36 PM
Carl, That is as sweet as your former business was. :) I pray for a fantastic result with your surgery. You've shown us all what we can do if we try regardless of age; thanks for the inspiration. My hat is off to you. Alan in Md.

John Buzzurro
07-05-2006, 5:27 PM
Beautiful work, Carl. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the surgery.

larry merlau
07-05-2006, 6:04 PM
well karl i am not sure how young you are, but my mother had one of the hip replacements done about 18 years ago and 3 years ago broke it again had that one repaired and is going strong after therapy. can do anything she wants now and walks 2 miles a day. she is 73.. so i am sure that once yours is done and you go threw your therapy you will back at the bench again , good luck and fine piece of furniture:)