PDA

View Full Version : Jake's first Rodeo

Mike Hill
07-04-2006, 5:02 PM
We had our grandson Jake here for the last 2 1/2 days. He is eleven and really active. I knew I had a challenge to keep him happy and not have to play video games with him :) I had a plan for a tool box and we put it together over the last 2 days. I cut the lumber on the table saw and Jake did the gluing, screwing and 3 coats of shellac. He lost interest a couple of times, but always returned to finish it. My biggest hope is that someday as an adult, he will use it in his home or shop.

Mike

Karl Laustrup
07-04-2006, 5:15 PM
Very KEWEL Mike. :) I do believe you may have planted a seed in Jake's sub conscience that will grow into a passion for WW'ing.

Karl

Jim Becker
07-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Very kewel. Nice "uniform" in picture three, too... ;) ...sanded the shirt right off his back!

(Don't forget the kid-sized safety glasses, Mike)

Corey Hallagan
07-05-2006, 12:22 AM
That is neat Mike. Great idea. I too hope he is uses it later in life and thinks of grandpa whenever he does use it!

Corey

tod evans
07-05-2006, 7:22 AM
way to go jake! (you too mike)

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-05-2006, 8:10 AM
You done good Mike, that last pic with Jake holding his toolbox and that BIG smile on his face says it all.

I hope that somewhere you put both of your names and the date on that file tool box.

Cheers!

Steve Roxberg
07-05-2006, 8:37 AM
Good work, and I agree with sign and date the project as a team.

Mike Hill
07-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Very kewel. Nice "uniform" in picture three, too... ;) ...sanded the shirt right off his back!

(Don't forget the kid-sized safety glasses, Mike)

Jim: Your right on with the safety glasses. I only let him use hand tools for the most part at this age. Going to Woodcraft today to get a new drill press and will look for kid's glasses. Jake is a handful and I could not keep his shoes and shirt on him (100 degrees in the shop), but he wanted to wear the dust mask. Go figure. I gave his Mom the URL for Saw Mill Creek to look at his project, since she won't see him until the weekend.

We had a really violent and needed thunderstorm here last night, then Jake and I shot off a bunch of fireworks. I am sure he has had a good time.

Mike