PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle Launch

Don Baer
07-04-2006, 2:28 PM
C-Span is carrying the shuttle launch live if anyone wants to see it.

God speed the astronauts.

Don Baer
07-04-2006, 3:06 PM
Well that was exciting and a wonderful way to celerate Americas 230th birthday.

Mark Rios
07-04-2006, 3:17 PM
Ditto that Don. I've been excitedly waiting for the launch since Saturday. My day is now complete and whatever I do for the rest of the day is inconsequetional.

I'd say Godspeed to the astronauts but if they had godspeed they'd be home by now so that would just be silly. So I 'll just say:

"WELL DONE TO NASA AND THE ASTRONAUTS"

I hope all six that are returning do so in a VERY uneventful way. You know what I mean!

Matt Meiser
07-04-2006, 3:24 PM
I'd say Godspeed to the astronauts but if they had godspeed they'd be home by now so that would just be silly.

Besides, the Supreme Court probably ruled that unconstituional.

Bruce Page
07-04-2006, 5:21 PM
Awesome launch, those boosters are wild! It makes the stuff I play around with rather insignificant.

Pete Simmons
07-04-2006, 5:33 PM
Just got back from watching and feeling the shuttle launch. My sister-in-law lives directly across from the VAB on the river in Titusville.

Makes you proud to be a taxpayer!

Thank you to all at NASA for lighting off the Best July 4th fireworks!!!

I live about 20 - 30 miles south of the Cape. It takes the sound a few minutes to get here but even this far away it shakes the windows. Up close to the Cape you can really feel the sound. From across the river the light is to bright to look at directly.

Matt Meiser
07-04-2006, 5:50 PM
We watched a night launch from the AFB near there in 1995. One of the most awesome sights I've ever seen. At the observation area we were at, you could hear everything going on at mission control. You could feel the excitement build leading up to the launch. The launch reminded me of the fireworks that boom so loud you feel it, but for several minutes.

Wes Bischel
07-04-2006, 6:43 PM
I am always in awe of what the men and women of NASA have accomplished!

Wes