PDA

View Full Version : Required gloat and pictures...I hope

Al Willits
07-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Ok, not much for gloating but I guess its required here...:D

I took a few more than 5 pictures getting the Jointer and Planer off the crates and almost assembled, I have them on a webshots site but not sure if I can post that, so here's a few of them....

I still need to do some assembly and to make sure all is true, but the heavy work is done.
I need to find a decent straight edge, but not sure how long it should be to check the beds.

Have to admit, this stuff is much heavier built than the original 6" jointer and 13" planer I was gonna go with originally, but I'm a much happy camper and I can say you guys help me spend waaaay more than I wanted...and am glad of it..:D :D

Wife just looks at it now and shakes her head, and mutters something about payback.....but at least the beating have stopped and I'm allowed in the house now.;)

Hope the pictures work, and once agin, thanks all!!

Al btw the cuts are healing nicely and next time it says "caution sharp blades" I'll pay more attention...:)

Jim Becker
07-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Very gloat-worthy!! Congratulations...and nice use of "rigging" to get the job done!

Bob Huddleston
07-04-2006, 12:14 PM
OK "Tim Taylor"...nice equipment...I am soooo jealous. My beautiful wife purchased an unbelievable custom made workbench for my Christmas present last year. Needless to say, I was SHOCKED! Them wives...

My bro-in-law is allowing me to help him build a new building (commercial size, from the ground up) for a cabinetry shop (which I will be able to utilize) and he is going to have a three-phase electrical system. Some BIG toys coming there. We have fun telling passer-bys that it will be an adult entertainment business...and, for us, it will be!

Allen Bookout
07-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Way to go Al. What a great 4th of July for you. I don't think that you will ever forget this one.

Allen

Al Willits
07-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Thanks guys and someday I hope to even use all this stuff....:)

btw, someone posted a ways back on their shop and I mentioned I run the intake for the air compressor outside and used a different filter set up.

I had to pull the compressor intake off when they extended the garage, but if you look at the center upper picture,(has jointer in it) you can see my commpressor way in the back and ya can kinda make out what I did, I will run the pipe that goes to the air cleaner back outside when I decide where I'm gonna put the compressor.

Anyway, if the guy is still around, maybe this will explain/show what I meant.

Al

Tyler Howell
07-06-2006, 9:04 AM
Alright Al.
Going to have to swing bye and check this stuff out.
Looking good.:cool:

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-06-2006, 9:13 AM
Two for one!! :D

Boy I can see rough lumber all over you state shaking in their boots, as they will become flat and smooth now!!

PS that jointer looks long enought to sleep on it you are still in the dog house :D

Nice gloat!

Mark Pruitt
07-06-2006, 9:58 AM
PS that jointer looks long enought to sleep on it you are still in the dog house :D
They don't call 'em "beds" for nothin'.......:D

Cecil Arnold
07-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Lookin' good, nice gloat.

scott spencer
07-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Yee-ha! Gotta love the smell of fresh paint and gear oil!

Rick Schubert
07-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Way to go Al. Congratulations!! That Yorkie jointer looks familiar, but I'm jealous of that planer. Happy cutting.

Rick

John Miliunas
07-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Yeah Al, what Rick said, but the opposite: That planer looks familiar! :D I'm thinking you'll enjoy them beasts! Keep us posted! :) :cool:

John Scarpa
07-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Nice acquistions Al! You'll have to report on how they work for you

Brian Hale
07-07-2006, 6:01 AM
Al

Well, any regrets?

I've looked at the Yorkcraft line of machines every time I've stopped in at Wilke these past few years and they keep improving the fit/finish but they've always been solid machine. I've no doubt they'll be around for several generations!

Looks like you did some fine rigging there! I envy you being able to roll them into your garage; i had to move all my machines down the cellar well steps into the basement. 600+ lbs on a ramp will really make you tense!! :eek:

Keep an eye on the 3 belts on your planer. If they're anything like mine, they'll stretch a bit for a few months till they settle in.

Looks like your DC arrived in time also. Don't you love it when a plan comes together! ;)

Brian :)

Al Willits
07-07-2006, 11:00 AM
"""Well, any regrets?"""

Ya one....I should have kept up the gym membership, man these puppies are heavy...:D

Ya, everything seemed to show up in a 2 or 3 day period, I've got styrofoam peanuts, cardboard and wood pallets by the score.
Wife just looks at all this and mutters something about hoping it doesn't hail before I get her room in the garage for her car....I hoping too as I rather enjoy sleeping in the house.

I managed hopefully get a few more pictures to work, if they work, you can see a entire weekend is gonna be spent cleaning and rearanging...

Not normally a neat nick, but I really need more cabinets storage space, wife just says to throw away the stuff I haven't used in ten years..foolish women...:D

Al