PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Usa

harry strasil
07-04-2006, 8:50 AM
Everyone Enjoy this Momentus Holiday celebrating this Great Countries 230th Birthday. Show your Patriotism and let Old Glory stand PROUD in all her Glory.

And don't forget to think of our service people on guard to protect her through out the world and those who fought and Died to keep her flying proudly.

Jr. Strasil

an old Vet

Karl Laustrup
07-04-2006, 9:20 AM

Standing Tall, Standing Proud

Are we lucky or what to be living in this great country.

Thank a VETERAN.

They're what makes a day like this possible.

Karl
A proud VET

Mike Henderson
07-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Everyone Enjoy this Momentus Holiday celebrating this Great Countries 230th Birthday. Show your Patriotism and let Old Glory stand PROUD in all her Glory.

And don't forget to think of our boys on guard to protect her through out the world and those who fought and Died to keep her flying proudly.

Jr. Strasil

an old Vet

A Happy Birthday to us all! In addition to our boys who serve, don't forget the gals who also serve.

Another old vet,
Mike

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Happy Birthday USA.:D

In honor of ALL our service men and women; serving, separated, retired, or deceased; would all turners of pens take the time today to make a pen for the Freedom Pen Program and send it in?

Here are two I did this morning. The Curly Maple on the left will be hand delivered to a local Guardsman who just returned from Iraq, without receiving one. The Mahogany one on the right will be sent in as a "Fourth of July" special.

Bruce;)

Bart Leetch
07-04-2006, 12:46 PM
We put on our annual patriotic play at church & had 4 people wear their Uniforms representing the Army, Navy, Air force & Marines & as we sang the song for each service had people that had served in that branch of service stand, we also had the spouse of a service member serving away from home stand to represent their spouse. I always volunteer to be one of the people in uniform I can arrive in Navy, Amy or National Guard Uniform but they are starting to get tight through the shoulders now days. Its a good thing I've been on a diet for 3 months or I would not have fit in any dress uniform. I still don't fit my Navy Uniform & don't think I ever will unless I get a new top. I had to wear my Desert camouflage last year.

Most of the people that I know won't wear their uniforms for a function like this (maybe because they don't fit anymore) but I've always felt that is the very least I can still do to represent my country in uniform. It is an honor.

Bruce Benjamin
07-04-2006, 3:55 PM
We put on our annual patriotic play at church & had 4 people wear their Uniforms representing the Army, Navy, Air force & Marines & as we sang the song for each service had people that had served in that branch of service stand, we also had the spouse of a service member serving away from home stand to represent their spouse. I always volunteer to be one of the people in uniform I can arrive in Navy, Amy or National Guard Uniform but they are starting to get tight through the shoulders now days. Its a good thing I've been on a diet for 3 months or I would not have fit in any dress uniform. I still don't fit my Navy Uniform & don't think I ever will unless I get a new top. I had to wear my Desert camouflage last year.

Most of the people that I know won't wear their uniforms for a function like this (maybe because they don't fit anymore) but I've always felt that is the very least I can still do to represent my country in uniform. It is an honor.

Bart, let me add the U.S. Coast Guard to the list to thank and honor. The Coast Guard is frequently omitted from the list but a lot of good men and women have been lost in the defense of our country. In Viet Nam the branch of military that lost the highest percentage of it's forces was the Coast Guard. It sounds like your church as a great tradition going and I would've liked to have been there to see it.

Bruce

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-04-2006, 6:26 PM
Lets not forget the Merchant Seamen, either.

Bruce

Keith Outten
07-04-2006, 8:16 PM
The Coasties save on an average day 32 lives here at home. Multiply that by the number of people who would have lost friends or family members and you can see that the Coast Guard touches a lot of civilian lives and has a major role protecting our waterways and coastlines, on top of their service overseas.

Here in Hampton Roads we are surrounded by rivers, the Cheasepeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean...there is literally water everywhere. Bless the Coasties for their service and support keeping our waterways safe and for saving the landlubbers who think they know everything about boating safety.

Enjoy yout 4th of July and be safe. It's 98 degrees here today with very high humidity. Working outside is just murder so I spent most of my day in the shop.