PDA

View Full Version : Sump Pump Issue

Michael Gabbay
07-03-2006, 10:24 PM
I a Zoeller 507 backup system. The pump is running fine. However, I noticed that the plumber installed the check valve in the wrong place http://www.terrylove.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif. Unfortunately, this was installed a couple of years ago.

I have attached a diagram of what I have including where I need to add the new check valve. Check Valve 1 is the new one I need to add. The other check valves are in place.

When I install the new check valve, is it ok to have it below the water line for the backup pump? I was going to use a vlave with two rubber sleeves and splice it that way. Or, is it better to glue one in? Is it ok to have the new check valve close to the main pump? Finally, is it ok to have 2 check valves (Numbers 1 and 3) in the line, or will it cause flow problems?

Thanks, Mike

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Mike Sheppard
07-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Mike
I am not a plumber but have to deal with the same setup. What you show looks good to me, rubber cuplings are the way to go also.
Mike

Jim Becker
07-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Michael...timely subject. All of the diagrams I have at hand for setting up an auxiliary pump have two check valves. I'm not sure what you gain by adding the third one as shown.

Michael Gabbay
07-04-2006, 2:30 PM
Jim - the third one already exists. I'm being lazy! :) Actually it is connected using the rubber sleeves so it is easy to pull the whole setup out of the pit.

Mike