PDA

View Full Version : dewalt router and 4212 question

Gary Franks
07-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Hello,
My first post and searched but could not find an answer to this question and hope someone can help. I want to get into dovetails and want to get the PC 4212 but I need a new router. Does the template guides for the 4212 fit the dewalt dw618pk without getting any other adapters? Thanks very much in advance for your answers.

Also I'm looking at the Bosch 1617vspk and I do know it requires an adapter. I just can't decide which one to get.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Gary............I can't answer your question but I can Welcome you to the Creek! Wade right in the water's fine! I'm sure some of our members with the Dewalt router will be able to answer your question. Again...Welcome!

Brian Hale
07-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the Creek Gary!!

The guides from my PC 42000 templete guide set fit the bases in my DW 618K just fine, no adapters needed.

BTW, that 618 router is a very nice router, you'll like it!

Brian :)

Bob Noles
07-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Gary,

Welcome to the creek and look forward to hanging around with you.

I have the PC4212 and the DW618 also with PC template guides that came with the 4212. I have used them many times with no problems at all. You should be just fine with what you have. As Brian said.... you will love the DW618 router.

Allen Bookout
07-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Gary,

Great to have another good guy around!

The DW618 was my first choice and I do not see how that you could go wrong with that router. I decided agains the Bosch for the same reason that you noted. In the end I decided to go another route but that is a whole different story. The last post on this page is what I decided to do but they are out of stock right now and I do not know how it is going to work out anyway. The guys here that have them really seem to like them. http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=38681

By the way, if you do not mind factory reconditioned routers, sometimes toolking has the reconditioned DW618 (fixed base) for about $120 plus around $8 shipping. I purchased my DW621 recon from them and was not disappointed. You can sign up to be notified as soon as they have it available and it is not a bad idea as they sell out REAL QUICK. I just missed the last batch.

I know that you did not ask, but the Milwaukee 5615 and 5616 are really great routers also. You do need to purchase an additional base plate to use the PC guide bushings for those routers though.

Allen

Gary Franks
07-03-2006, 1:17 PM
Wow, thanks for all the information everyone! I look forward to getting on here at Sawmill and reading all the great information.

Bob Noles
07-03-2006, 2:38 PM
Gary,

I sent you a PM (Private message)