PDA

View Full Version : BW-108 has new home

Bobby Hatfield
09-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Cabinet door edges (and other items) are a snap now with the Wilke edge sander that found a new home in my shop today, speeds up production, at work every day, doesn't make scrap and best of all doesn't run off at the mouth when I'm giving instructions. I think I'm gonna like this new help.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
09-16-2003, 10:21 PM
But, Bobby, now you won't have the pleasure of using a card scraper to remove the scalloped edges fresh off the jointer. Don/t tell me you won't miss that.

Really looks like a cool machine. Have you thought up any real novel uses for it

Dr. Zack Jennings
09-16-2003, 10:33 PM
OK Buddy.... I'm ready to see this in action. I hope we can get together
this Friday Morning....

Congratulations on the new sander.

Bob Lasley
09-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Bobby,

You keep getting all these neat new toys and I'm going to have to ask Momma if I can come over and play! No wonder Zack keeps heading up your way on Fridays. I do believe I may be jealous.

Looks like a great machine.

Bob

Todd Burch
09-17-2003, 12:11 AM
That sander is on my short list. Using a ROS on cabinet door edges & shelf edges sucks - matter of fact, a guy might even vibrate his trim router off the table... :mad:

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-17-2003, 7:41 AM
I agree with Todd...I use one much more than I thought I would. They're wonderful.

KC

Don Farr
09-17-2003, 7:48 AM
Congraulations on your new toy, I mean tool. Looks like a good-un.

Glenn Clabo
09-17-2003, 8:40 AM
Okay Mr. Hatfield...you sure are busy finding ways to make us, well at least me, jealous. I thought an Ex-Cabinetmaker like you would be shopping for a fishing boat or summer home instead of big fancy tools. Can't get away from from the sawdust, eh?

Bobby Hatfield
09-17-2003, 3:04 PM
OK Buddy.... I'm ready to see this in action. I hope we can get together
this Friday Morning....

Congratulations on the new sander.

Zack, my supplier didn't have the hook and loop, hook material available for that drum sander, I asked when I ordered this morning. Its avilable somewhere, still checking. Expecting you friday morning if you can make it, still don't have the legs turned, or any more maple or alder planed. I may be in the middle of moving the cyclone, for the drumsander hookup.

Bobby Hatfield
09-17-2003, 3:09 PM
Bobby,

You keep getting all these neat new toys and I'm going to have to ask Momma if I can come over and play! No wonder Zack keeps heading up your way on Fridays. I do believe I may be jealous.

Looks like a great machine.

Bob

Hey Bob, come on over, no need to be jealous, you too can go into debt. I decided machines can replace help and I can do it myself. Boy that edge sander sure made quick work on a set of cabinet doors this morning, made a longer fence and squared it up and its cookin.

Bobby Hatfield
09-17-2003, 3:18 PM
That sander is on my short list. Using a ROS on cabinet door edges & shelf edges sucks - matter of fact, a guy might even vibrate his trim router off the table... :mad:

Todd, there isn't a hint of vibration on that sander, really suprised me on that, it didn't require any tracking adjustment, just anchored to floor, made new longer fence, squared it up and used it. Belt is fair quality and ordered more from stroke sander belt supplier, the size was not a stocking item, that was a suprise too, but they make up my stroke sander belts when I order.

Bobby Hatfield
09-17-2003, 3:22 PM
But, Bobby, now you won't have the pleasure of using a card scraper to remove the scalloped edges fresh off the jointer. Don/t tell me you won't miss that.

Really looks like a cool machine. Have you thought up any real novel uses for it

Don, I been hiding edges with routed treatment or back angled edges on the saw and sanding with ROS way too long. Hands cramping just thinking about scraping.

Steve Clardy
09-17-2003, 3:25 PM
Looks like your new toy is bigger than mine!!
Now you done it!! Ha.
Yes, these edge sanders are great. Theres hardly a project done here that I don't use mine. My Jet is a 6x89 belt size. Yours is longer looks like.
Tell Zack that Woodmaster Tools carries velcro for His sander. It's actually for their sanders, not a grizzly. But thats what I have on my grizzly. He may have forgot I told him this at Hatfields feast.
Steve

Bobby Hatfield
09-17-2003, 3:27 PM
Okay Mr. Hatfield...you sure are busy finding ways to make us, well at least me, jealous. I thought an Ex-Cabinetmaker like you would be shopping for a fishing boat or summer home instead of big fancy tools. Can't get away from from the sawdust, eh?

Glenn, all those motorhomes I found are so high I decided to stay home and had to have something to do, right. I'm to Grouchy to put up with help I can get so will use machines to do the job.

David Klug
09-17-2003, 6:43 PM
Bobby I heard rumors that you were selling out and retireing. Now you go out and get a new toy. Sure looks nice.

Dave :D