PDA

View Full Version : Not a New Member of The Family

Jim King
07-02-2006, 2:47 PM
This is a Hergon, Very poisoness and part of daily life for our researchers and workers in the jungle. It normally takes at least two days to die from the bite so usually there is time to get to town for treatment. Most people survive but there are still many that beleive in traditional jungle cures and they die unless they got lucky and got a dry bite with no venom. These make collecting turning blanks a lot more sporty.

Jim O'Dell
07-02-2006, 3:00 PM
This is a Hergon, Very poisoness and part of daily life for our researchers and workers in the jungle. It normally takes at least two days to die from the bite so usually there is time to get to town for treatment. Most people survive but there are still many that beleive in traditional jungle cures and they die unless they got lucky and got a dry bite with no venom. These make collecting turning blanks a lot more sporty.

I never thought I'd care much about the spinny side of wood working...now I'm definately cured!!:eek: :eek: Jim.

Michael Cody
07-02-2006, 6:04 PM

Would that also be better known here in the US as Fer-De-lance .. Bothrops atrox, nasty little sucker. Yes I've got to believe with the fauna of your region collection of flora has got to be a tad more sporting.

Jim King
07-02-2006, 8:12 PM
Yes , it is called a Fer-de-Lance by many.

Michael Gibbons
07-02-2006, 10:54 PM
I guess that mosquitos,wasps , hornets, aren't so bad after all.