PDA

View Full Version : What Brown did for me.

Bobby Hatfield
09-16-2003, 9:50 PM
When leaving my local Ace Hardware place today, my favorite ups driver (local gal drives for Brown) had stopped in the parking lot to deliver into the back of my truck, (saving a trip out to the shop) a package of a dozen Jorgenson 3536 clamps, sure going to be nice using straight clamps again, the old ones are curved from clamping thousands of glued up door panels. Getting new tools and machines to improve production and this guy comes by today and offers to buy me out.

Jim Baker
09-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Enjoy the new clamps.

Those small town UPS guys are really resourceful. Not only do they know everyone and where they live, they also know where you work and what you drive as well as where your relatives and neighbors work and what they drive.

Todd Burch
09-17-2003, 12:25 AM
So, Bobby - you gonna sell out? Was he in the ballpark - or did you even get to $$ talking?

Steve Clardy
09-17-2003, 10:38 AM
My brown guy usually has me in trouble in a ratio of about 1 in 3 times he comes here. Most deliveries are cabinet supplies, etc. Some are tools. Thats when I get caught. Seems wife is always there at the back of truck. So far she hasn't noticed the dozen boxes that brown brought with the jorgenson 36" cabinet master clamps in them!!! :rolleyes:
Steve

Jason Roehl
09-17-2003, 8:29 PM
Brown gave me 4/6 of the Besseys today, with which Amazon replaced the Jorgys I ordered. First ones I've ever owned. :D

O-ka-hay. (One flavor of American Indian for, "It is a good day to die")