PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone & Motor question

John Miliunas
02-23-2003, 2:43 PM
Not sure I remember seeing this addressed elsewhere and doing an Archive search on "motor", well it may take a while. At any rate, LOML are looking at probably moving to a smaller place and have our eye on a spread, which includes a nice little shop already built. (Close to 1300sq/ft., to be exact. The footage includes an attached, but seperated 13x20 Finishing room. With complete wiring, over the ceiling access, totally insulated, woodburner, and the guy's even throwing in a huge assembly table and bunch of cabinets.) Anythewho, the guy just used a DC on wheels to hook up on to portable and semi-DCplumbed equipment. I note that Penn State has come out with some new Cyclone units. 2 & 3 hp. w/14" impellers, larger bodies and neutral veins, etc... Going from my current 17x20 shop to something this large would be a treat and I don't want to lose a square inch. There's an ideal spot for a cyclone, in an area just outside the shop. It's already covered overhead and wouldn't take much to seal against the weather. But, the fridgid cold would still be real cold. My biggest concern is: Should I be concerned about starting the motor when it's zero degrees (f) or below? I sure wouldn't want to fry something like that my first winter there!:confused:

Paul Kunkel
02-23-2003, 3:02 PM
John, you won't have any problems. Just keep the weather off it. I had a 'over-the barrel'DC outside for 8 yrs before i got my cyclone and then moved it to outside the garage for LOML's buffing exaust. It's still running!:D