PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat

Bill O'Conner
07-01-2006, 2:42 PM
Ok just got back from the Woodcraft store

Picked up a low speed 8 inch grinder and the Wolverine jig

stopped by the local Menards to see if I could find a few cheaper pieces of wood to turn on the lathe till my skills at turning and sharping improved and picked up a set of cheap lathe tools insead figured I could use them to pactice on the grinder without wrecking the good tools I have

Bill

Vaughn McMillan
07-01-2006, 2:52 PM
Bill, you're gonna love having sharp tools, and with the set-up you just got, you're not real likely to wreck your chisels. Have fun with your new (old) lathe.

- Vaughn

Ken Fitzgerald
07-01-2006, 2:58 PM
Congrats Bill! Now you know the feeling...................Broke but smiling!:D

Corey Hallagan
07-01-2006, 2:59 PM
Congrats Bill!! Remember when sharpening just a real light touch and you will be fine. Go to the oneway site and download the videos on sharpening. They will help you alot!

Corey

Bill O'Conner
07-01-2006, 3:04 PM
I got the cheaper tools for two reasons one to pracites on the grinder and second my son wants to learn to turn also and I've seen his temper if it doesn't go right and just cann't see him throwing a good tool on the ground and stomping off in a huff because it's not going just right

Bernie Weishapl
07-01-2006, 3:56 PM
Congrats Bill. You will find the wolverine jig is well worth the money and you can get the same grind everytime. Light touch is all you need and like Corey said go to the Oneway site and download the video's explaining how to use their stuff. Well worth it and help a lot on the learning curve.

Ernie Nyvall
07-02-2006, 8:27 AM
Congratulations Bill. Nice gloat. You will certainly enjoy sharp tools.

Ernie