PDA

View Full Version : need help on installing drawer slide

Lorri Simmons
07-01-2006, 1:41 PM
I am new to this forum obviously and my hobby is finding junk (antique) furniture and giving it new life.
I have numerous dressers that have worn sides where the drawers slide in and out and purchased some wood dove tail type slides but, I haven't the vaguest clue on how to install them.
They go in the center of each drawer on the bottom but, how to mopount them to the drawer and how to mount the other piece to the dresser itself without putting screws through the back of the dresser, or must I do that? Any Help would be forever appreciated as I have 10 of these to do so I can actually open and close the drawers on the dressers I have so lovingly brought back to life.

Bob Childress
07-01-2006, 4:29 PM
Lorri,

We might be able to help you better if we saw a picture of one of the dressers with the drawer removed and a pic of the drawer.:)

BTW welcome to the Creek!

Gail O'Rourke
07-02-2006, 7:45 AM
Hi Lorri, you shouldn't have to put a screw through the back of the dresser. Do you have some sort of rail that runs below the drawer? If you have one in the front of the dresser case, you may need to install a rail in the rear of the dresser case to hold up the slide. Then you would put a small screw from the rail into the underneath of the slide.

The other option is to try side mount slides. A picture of the dresser case and a drawer would be helpful.

We can put you on track with a little more info.