PDA

View Full Version : Audio and/or video help needed

Andy Hoyt
07-01-2006, 11:27 AM
I have a audio file (138 kb in wma format) that I'd like to share with the Creek.

Was able to use Windows Movie Maker to convert it to a very small video file (in mswmm format) that still sounds great and is only 24 kb in size.

Then went to Photobucket but learned that their video hosting doesn't support files of that type.

I have no way to convert either file into anything else - such as the avi or mp4 or mpeg file types that photobucket does support.

Looked at other free video hosting sites and got the same answer.

So... Anyone have any suggestions?

Peter Stahl
07-01-2006, 1:10 PM
I have a audio file (138 kb in wma format) that I'd like to share with the Creek.

Was able to use Windows Movie Maker to convert it to a very small video file (in mswmm format) that still sounds great and is only 24 kb in size.

Then went to Photobucket but learned that their video hosting doesn't support files of that type.

I have no way to convert either file into anything else - such as the avi or mp4 or mpeg file types that photobucket does support.

Looked at other free video hosting sites and got the same answer.

So... Anyone have any suggestions?

I was looking at the extensions (i.e. .jpg) for attachments and one of them is .zip which you could make using winzip or a program like it. 139kb would be way under the size limit. Don't think there would be a problem with that but you'd have to check with the moderator to be sure. Send him/her a email. I'd also leave it in the wma format then zip it.

Andy Hoyt
07-01-2006, 1:50 PM
Thanks, Peter.

About the same time you wrote your reply, my daughter said, "Daaad, just use http://freefilehosting.net/."

Works like a charm. So far.