PDA

View Full Version : Huge gloat... Thank you Big Mike

Ernie Nyvall
07-01-2006, 7:18 AM
Big Mike is a great guy .

I received this box from Big Mike and I don't know what to say. It's beautiful. Thank you very much!!! LOML said "That must be mine".

I never imagined the precision of the boxes he makes. The lid, when you put it in place and drop it, it hovers for a second before completely closing, and then of course there is no movement once on.

Seeing this work up close certainly puts things in perspective to show me just how far I have to go, and it looks like a very long trip.

Thank you Big Mike.

Ernie

Dennis Peacock
07-01-2006, 7:40 AM
Congrats on your new Big Mike crafted box.!!!! He's a great guy with a most excellent eye and skill for turned boxes. Very pretty box and I just know that you are proud!!!! :D

Michael Stafford
07-01-2006, 9:04 AM
Ernie, it is my thanks to you for the nice pieces of mesquite you sent. I always try to send anyone who gives me wood something made from it. I hope you enjoy it.

Bernie Weishapl
07-01-2006, 9:07 AM
Congrats on the box Ernie. Big Mike is always a inspiration to me for the boxes I do. That is one beautiful box.

Corey Hallagan
07-01-2006, 9:42 AM
Congrats Ernie! It is a beautiful box for sure. Lucky dog!

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
07-01-2006, 9:45 AM
Congrats to Ernie and Big Mike.......

George Conklin
07-01-2006, 12:51 PM
You're the best, Big Mike.
Isn't it the best feeling in the world to give a gift like that and feel the appreciation from the recipiant?

What lathe do you use for your box turning?

Cecil Arnold
07-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Mike, it's guys like you and Ernie that make the creek a special place.

Michael Stafford
07-01-2006, 12:57 PM
George, I use my Nova 3000, the 8 speed belt driven model. I love my Nova. It is my first real lathe. I started turning on a Shopsmith and this is the real thing plus I have it mounted on a stand nice and high and I don't have to stand on my head to turn. I have a Jet mini belt drive model and I have turned a few boxes on it but I prefer the Nova.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Barry Stratton
07-01-2006, 3:10 PM
Yep. This is what happens when two great guys are involved! Good job BOTH of you!!!

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-01-2006, 4:42 PM
Two Great Guys! Two Great Gifts!

That's what I LOVE about this place.

Bruce

Ernie Nyvall
07-02-2006, 8:48 AM
Thanks for the great "guys" thing everyone, but think about it. I send a couple of scrap pieces of wood and look what I get back. Seems like a devilish trick to me.;)

Big Mike, thanks again.

Ernie