PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
07-01-2006, 6:01 AM
Saturday July 1st, 2006

The first full day of a long weekend. Hopefully some, if not all, will have a 4 day weekend.

Golf today and then transport the grand daughter to camp outside Minong, WI. Sunday. We'll drop her off and maybe take the scenic way home via route 2 along the southern shore of Lake Superior before heading south again. Got to be back before Tuesday so we can watch fireworks.

So what's happening in your neck of the woods?

As always, make it a safe one and thank a Soldier or a Veteran if you happen to see one, or thank yourself if you are one. :)

Happy Birthday USA!!!!

Karl

Steve Ash
07-01-2006, 6:07 AM
Leaving shortly for my nephews home in Alma to help paint a room for the arrival of our next greatnephew or greatniece. A trip to the cemetary at some point. Tonight we are taking in a Lansing Lugnuts baseball game.

Bob Childress
07-01-2006, 8:00 AM
Got a family reunion today and tomorrow hope for some serious shop time. Next weekend up to Virginia for the other side of the family.:)

Still remodeling the kitchen and building pull out drawers for the existing base cabinets. Work a little more on my dovetail technique.:o

BTW I still have family in the Milwaukee area as well.

Dennis Peacock
07-01-2006, 8:14 AM
Well....I'm OnCall this weekend.....So it's nothing but work for "work" and rest when I can.

Happy 4th of July Everyone.!!!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-01-2006, 9:57 AM
Driving to Spokane today to buy a Beal bowl buff system to buff bowl interiors. This evening....mow and trim the yard and work on a couple of NE's.

Tomorrow work on a couple of NEs.

Monday drive to Goldendale WA.

The 4th ...watch my oldest grandson drive in a demolition derby. His last "Hurrah" before departing for US Navy bootcamp August 2nd.

The 5th back to work as soon as I get into town.

Tyler Howell
07-01-2006, 9:58 AM
Started yesterday with some shop time and punch list items.
Headed out today for a few days on the lake then looking at some property for sale.

Back by the 4th for more shop time the back to work on the 6th.

Jim Becker
07-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Golf? What's that? Oh, something that Woodcraft apparently is getting into... :D

Installing a new dryer today to replace the one lost to "high water" this week after a sump pump failure. Then getting the 3pt back blade I restored back together and out of my shop. Fireworks at a local place tonight. Mow the lawn...missed last weekend due to the rain. MAYBE some spinny work to get back on my figured maple Shaker style candle stand...

Matt Meiser
07-01-2006, 10:10 AM
I've got to put the decking on my trailer and build the sides, mow the lawn, build a filter box for the ventilation fan for my shop office, and clean the shop enough for it to be usable. Then I'll hopefully get some time with the new lathe. Also probably some family cookouts as one of my uncles is in town this week.

Mark Pruitt
07-01-2006, 10:33 AM
About to get back to my shop this morning, make some progress on my workbench and see if I can lift myself out of this funky mood I've been in for a few days...

LOML is sick and I'm trying to be supportive and avoid catching it at the same time....so far so good....

Grass has finally grown thanks to some long-overdue rain. You guys up in PA have been taking it on the chin while most of Central VA has been high and dry.

No holiday time for me. The Fourth being on Tuesday, I'd rather work and save the Earn Time (as my employer calls it) for another day. Hopefully, Tuesday will be quiet enough for me to catch up on some office work while others are away....

BTW, Jim, it makes perfect sense that Woodcraft would be getting into promoting golf! More golfing = more demand for courses = more trees harvested = more material to make projects!:D