PDA

View Full Version : Did I just witness history in the making?

Don Farr
09-16-2003, 1:33 PM
133 on the Creek.

Todd Burch
09-16-2003, 6:26 PM
Looks like a record! I must have been #133!!!

Don Farr
09-16-2003, 6:28 PM
Looks like a record! I must have been #133!!!
Thanks Todd. I was beginning to think I was losing it. :confused:

Don Farr
09-17-2003, 6:31 PM
I thought this was kind of a mile stone for SMC. I guess it was not that big of a deal. Sorry for the post :confused:

Keith Outten
09-17-2003, 8:28 PM
I thought this was kind of a mile stone for SMC. I guess it was not that big of a deal. Sorry for the post :confused:

Don,

No need to be sorry, I did catch your first message but was unable to respond. Aaron and I were sure glad to see the old number fall since it had been such a long time. We hope that the total number of woodworkers online will keep getting bigger, and we expect it to as we enter the fall and winter months.

We already have made plans to add another server and split the web serving and database loads when we start to see a performance drop as we grow. Many of the vBulletin boards are handling over 50,000 members so we already know that we don't have to worry about performance as we grow.

Thanks for the heads up on the new milestone!

Jason Roehl
09-17-2003, 8:33 PM
Don't forget this little bit of trivia, too. The previous record was on the day that SMC crashed pretty hard. Good to see that the dedicated server and new version of the software was able to handle the new high load!!