PDA

View Full Version : P-C laser not working

Brian Shutter
06-30-2006, 3:08 PM
The laser on my PC 3802L no longer works. I carried the saw down the stairs to the basement (didn't hit it on anything) and when I turned it on there was no laser line. The rest of the saw works fine.

The manual has no trouble-shooting section but it did say to clean the lenses occasionally--I did that.

Any suggestions before I either take it in or just forget the whole laser line thing and cut the old-fashioned way?

Thanks,

Brian

Larry Cooke
06-30-2006, 4:38 PM
Brian,

I'm not familiar with the PC 3802, but the first thing I'd check is the wiring from the laser to its source. Maybe there's a plugged connection that has worked loose. Also, again not being familiar with your unit, is there a switch that turns it on/off? Could be a bad switch.

Otherwise I'd probably return it if the laser is important to you. I find them to be somewhat inacurate except for rough framing work so I rarely if ever use my laser.

Larry

Curt Harms
07-02-2006, 1:29 AM
Hi Brian

I think P-C and Delta had some problems with premature failures of power packs in these saws. I don't know what would be involved in checking the power pack output, never had reason to tear into my saw. I have a Delta and find the twin laser lines useful but then I'm a weekend warrior with a fondness for gadgets:rolleyes:

Curt

JayStPeter
07-03-2006, 9:24 AM
I discovered the same problem with mine this weekend. Too bad, that was the best part of an otherwise mediocre saw.

Jay