PDA

View Full Version : Power Feed setup

Richard Wolf
06-29-2006, 8:19 PM
I've have always mounted my power feed units on the in feed side of my machines, so as to push material into cutters. Is there any problem mounting it on the out feed side, does it make a difference? I still have two wheels on each side of the cutter, I'm just wondering about mounting the base.

Richard

Ian Barley
06-30-2006, 2:21 AM
Richard

Mine is on the outfeed side of my spindle moulder. I think as long as it is secure and not in the way of operation it doesn't matter.

Paul Canaris
06-30-2006, 5:41 AM
Outfeed side, no problems to date.

Brian Buckley
06-30-2006, 6:50 AM
Mine is mounted on yhe outfeed side of my shaper.

Brian

tod evans
06-30-2006, 7:00 AM
richard, no it doesn`t make any difference at all..02 tod

Jim Becker
06-30-2006, 9:10 AM
Tod, I can see that for a shaper...the material you working with has already been jointed, etc., but on a jointer (assuming one wanted/needed a feeder for volume production), wouldn't it really need to be on the outfeed side for best results?

tod evans
06-30-2006, 9:41 AM
Tod, I can see that for a shaper...the material you working with has already been jointed, etc., but on a jointer (assuming one wanted/needed a feeder for volume production), wouldn't it really need to be on the outfeed side for best results?

jim, you`re correct. but being as i don`t use a jointer a feeder on one never crossed my mind. all the feeders i use have at least 24" of travel from the center of the mounting bracket. just wondering here on how the narrow footprint of feeder wheels would work on a jointer? they may be more hinderance than help? i don`t know...02 tod

J.R. Rutter
07-03-2006, 7:00 PM
For a jointer, the wheels need to be on the outfeed, the base can be anywhere that it is out of the way and still let the feeder get into / out of position.