PDA

View Full Version : My Grizzly set-up

Brian Kent
06-29-2006, 3:16 PM
The Grizzly 1023SL table saw arrived yesterday. The driver set it right outside the garage. I didn't know how easy it would be to put on the hand truck or piano dolly, so I tried to lift one end. Couldn't even rock it. That surprised me until I later realized that I was standing on the pallet that the saw was bolted to. I got off the pallet and it moved much easier.

Today I began to set it up. Everything fine so far. I'm very impressed with the machining and the paint job.

I hear about how long it took to take off the waxy grease. It took less than four minutes. I found the secret. I used minieral spirits as the manual recommended. The only difference was we are having a little heat spell out in Riverside California and the garage was over 100 degrees. I guess that softened it up a bit. It could be a different story if I was doing the same thing in a winter in Minnesota at 40 below or so.

Bart Leetch
06-29-2006, 4:49 PM
Good deal Brian.

How about some pictures when you get it all set up.

You say you felt a little like the cartoon mouse the reached around & picked himself up by the tail???:eek: :D

Mike Henderson
06-29-2006, 4:57 PM
Brian, you'll probably get more replies/comments if you had posted this in the Power Tools section instead of the Neanderthal section. Maybe one of the moderators can move your post to that section of the Creek.

Mike

Gary Swart
06-29-2006, 7:42 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that things are easier to pickup if I'm not standing on them, too! I had to grin when I read you comment about the great paint job. Doesn't seem so long ago on another forum the subjuct of Grizzly's "fit and finish" was quite heatedly debated along with other things that the anti-Grizzly faction had to keep stirred up. That's all died down now, Grizzly is accepted as a major player in the machine tool business, but it was fun while it lasted. Enjoy you new 1023.

Corey Hallagan
06-29-2006, 7:53 PM
Congrats on the new saw! Enjoy and be safe!

Corey

glenn bradley
06-30-2006, 1:00 AM
Brian, congrats on the saw. I'm in MoVal. Nice to have a Creeker neighbor!

Russ Massery
06-30-2006, 8:13 AM
Brian, Congrats on your new saw. I've the same saw now for a little over 3yrs now I've been very happy with it. Watch out for the pic police.:rolleyes: