PDA

View Full Version : Keith, you are going to get your clock cleaned

Ken Garlock
09-15-2003, 9:19 PM
by Isabel. Batten down the hatches, put the big ships out to sea. Put fuel in the power generator. Put up the plywood. Make sure your backups are up to date. Get your data off-site to the vault. Review your disaster recovery plan, you may need it. She is coming your way or real close.

The news said the Navy is sending its ships in Norfolk out to sea to avoid the storm.

Hope your insurance is paid up :(

BTW, we expect 6 sigma availablity through all this :D

Keith Outten
09-15-2003, 11:32 PM
by Isabel. Batten down the hatches, put the big ships out to sea. Put fuel in the power generator. Put up the plywood. Make sure your backups are up to date. Get your data off-site to the vault. Review your disaster recovery plan, you may need it. She is coming your way or real close.

The news said the Navy is sending its ships in Norfolk out to sea to avoid the storm.

Hope your insurance is paid up :(

BTW, we expect 6 sigma availablity through all this :D

Tomorrow I will post a message with details concerning our plans for SawMill Creek. Tonight Aaron and I did a total backup of SawMill Creek on CD. It looks very bad for us right now, our office in York County is very close to sea level, as are our homes. Tomorrow morning the Governor of Virginia will decide if mandatory evacuation will be imposed. If we have to shut down all power to our office all of our web servers will go down, including the Creek server.

I will wait until we get the latest information tomorrow morning before we make any decisions concerning Isabel and the possibility of heading west.

Over 40 ships will leave Norfolk Naval Base tomorrow and most likely Langley Airforce Base will move the majority of their planes as well.
All of the prices for generators in local stores jumped 500 bucks today and plywood is gone through the roof if you can find any. I heard that Wednesday Interstate 64 will most likely be west bound only...all lanes.

It's Crazy here already!

Brad Schafer
09-16-2003, 7:11 AM
great. and i'm flying to DC tomorrow. :mad:

b

Jim Becker
09-16-2003, 9:22 AM
great. and i'm flying to DC tomorrow. :mad:

b

Wrong direction, Brad! ...I'm leaving for Denver in about two hours. But hopefully, the storm will not be quite as ornery by the time it gets to PA. As long as the power stays up, things will be fine. If not...the sump pump may be an issue.

Keith, get thee to a hillside!

Brad Schafer
09-16-2003, 10:59 AM
Wrong direction, Brad! ...I'm leaving for Denver in about two hours. But hopefully, the storm will not be quite as ornery by the time it gets to PA. As long as the power stays up, things will be fine. If not...the sump pump may be an issue.

Keith, get thee to a hillside!

Would rather be in Denver. Flight cancelled. Trip cancelled.

Keith, Aaron, Byron, and anyone else out east - I wish you well during the (apparent) upcoming deluge. Plz take care,

b

Tom Sweeney
09-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Stay safe & we will all keep you in our prayers. My dad lives on the water at Northeast MD. & it looks like we'll probably get wet here too. But you guys definately need to find high ground. Batten down the hatches & head west.

Good luck to all - these next few days.

Roger Fitzsimonds
09-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Good luck with the storm and keep you heads down.

Roger

Ken Garlock
09-16-2003, 12:36 PM
are the most important concern now. I think everyone understands conceptually what you are faced with. But, I am sure that the reality of the situation is more that we than we can imagine.

Do take care of your family and yourself.