PDA

View Full Version : This is a wierd thingy............

Mark Rios
06-28-2006, 7:52 PM
This was on the website of my local woodworking club (I'm thinking about joining them). I don't know what the pacheebies it is but it looked pretty neato and I thought I'd share it with you wierd turning thingy folks. :D :D :D

What is that thing in pic #1?

http://www.trwa.net/31401.html

Stephen Hibbs
06-28-2006, 7:55 PM
It's a spindle support, so that if you have a turning with a long, thin stem (a tall goblet for example) you don't get a lot of vibration and wobble at the end of it since it's only secured at one end.

Dennis Peacock
06-28-2006, 8:00 PM
Pic #1 is a Bowl steady.

Works much like this one:

Don Baer
06-28-2006, 8:08 PM
Mark,
You standing very close to the vortex. Just take that next step. Resistance is Futile...:D

Lee DeRaud
06-28-2006, 8:36 PM
Pic #1 is a Bowl steady. Oh good grief, you've been turning for over three years and you still haven't taken the frickin' training wheels off your lathe?!? :eek: :p

Is that really the kind of example you want to set for the newbies? :D :cool:

Mark Rios
06-28-2006, 9:30 PM
Mark,
You standing very close to the vortex. Just take that next step. Resistance is Futile...:D

I'm taking three giants steps back and tying my second safety rope to my harness.

:D :D :D

Andy Hoyt
06-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Knoxville - Houston - PoHonix - Hmmmm?

Dennis Peacock
06-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Oh good grief, you've been turning for over three years and you still haven't taken the frickin' training wheels off your lathe?!? :eek: :p

Is that really the kind of example you want to set for the newbies? :D :cool:

Well ya know Lee.....some of us are so well rounded? That we need training wheels on the lathe to help us have more stability while standing. :p :D

Don Baer
06-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Knoxville - Houston - PoHonix - Hmmmm?

Knoxville - Houston Pohonix

Oh My