PDA

View Full Version : 8mm European....

Corey Hallagan
06-28-2006, 6:23 PM
My first European. Nice kit, nice and hefty feel to it. This is the Berea 8mm European with Chrome finish. Kingwood blank finished with Enduro and TSW. Thanks for looking as always.

Corey

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/challagan/KWEuro1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/challagan/KWEuro2.jpg

Bernie Weishapl
06-28-2006, 8:12 PM
Corey that is a awesome pen. I like that Kingwood. We are going to start calling you the pen master. Great job.

Barry Stratton
06-28-2006, 9:10 PM
Another beauty Corey! I thought you had a new handgun cartridge from your title, but this is nice too!:D :D

Bob Noles
06-28-2006, 9:33 PM
Corey,

Excellent job. I have made a few of that model, but I like yours better than mine :)

Keep up the good work. I love seeing your pictures and choice of pen components.

Jerry Vander Till
06-28-2006, 9:39 PM
Corey,

That's a real beauty! I'm going to have to look into that style. How is it to put together?

Corey Hallagan
06-28-2006, 9:52 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate it. Kingwood is about my favorite exotic.

Jerry, you can download the instructions at Arizona Silouhette but here is the short description. I think it is best for Bereas Flat Tops and 8mm Euros it is best to either use the Berea cap guage or make one. I bought one and after testing my non working flat tops I found that the caps were about 1/32 to long. The cap length is critical to sucess. Both kits use the O bit. Basically u press on the nib and insert the twist holder into the other end of the lower tube. Press on the center band onto the bottom end of the upper blank. The finial gets pressed into the top end of the transmission and the finial clip gets slid on and then that whole transmission/finial assembly unit gets pressed into the top of the pen with the tranny attached. Stick in the refill and screw on the top and that is pretty much it. Not as touchy as the Flat top but the cap length is critical. Hope this helps.

Corey

Curt Fuller
06-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Holy Smokes, that's a pretty pen.

Tom Sherman
06-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Corey that is a real nice pen. The wood and finish are top shelf.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
06-29-2006, 8:30 AM
Great looking pen, Corey. The wood, fit, and finish are absolutely beautiful.

Chris Barton
06-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Great pen! I really like the wood and finish.

Rich Stewart
06-29-2006, 1:08 PM
You have got this pen making thing NAILED! Beautiful pen. My son gave me a stick of kingwood. 2 X 2 X 12. So far I made a little vase type thing out of it so i know what you are talking about when you say it is your favorite. Finishes like marble.

Corey Hallagan
06-29-2006, 5:39 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Corey