PDA

View Full Version : Problems with X3

Patrick Cooley
06-28-2006, 1:40 PM
All,
I had Corel 12 and upgraded to X3. I now have two problems so far.
1. When I print, it takes sometimes as long as 3-4 minutes for it to get to the engraver. In the past it would be 30 seconds or less for the same file. I tired reloading the Epilog print driver... didn't work... then I reinstalled X3, and it still didn't work. Reinstalled version 12, works great.

2. Can't import PDF's. Works fine in version 12.

Anyone else having these problems.
Thanks for the help.
Pat

Oak Creek Laser Engraving

Mitchell Andrus
06-28-2006, 1:53 PM
I've only had X3. My Laserpro driver has the file in the laser by the time I walk over to it, via a 10 ft. USB cable.

Mitch

Lee DeRaud
06-28-2006, 2:04 PM
I've got a ULS machine, so I can't help with the printing, but I just loaded an insanely complicated PDF into X3, no problem.

Is it refusing to open the file, hanging up during the load, or just corrupting the contents?

Jeff Lehman
06-28-2006, 3:02 PM
Not sure if this addresses your exact problem, but the X3 Knowledge base has this info:

Cannot Edit EPS Files When Imported into CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X3

Details
When importing EPS files into CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X3, file editing is not possible. How can I do?

Answer
If you import your EPS file using the Encapsulated PostScript filter, a Bitmap representation of the information in the EPS file is placed on the page. You will note that the Status bar reports the object as a bitmap with an EPS file attached. If you use the PostScript Interpreted (PS, PRN, EPS) filter to import the image into CorelDRAW, the file can be separated and edited. Please do the following:
1. In CorelDRAW X3, with a new page open, click File | Import.
2. Click the drop down for Files of type and select PS, PRN, EPS - PostScript Interpreted.
3. Select the file to import, click Import.
4. Press the Space Bar. :rolleyes:

Joe Pelonio
06-28-2006, 3:15 PM
Windows XP Home or Pro? I've heard that before about Home Edition, and that with Pro it goes faster.

Dave Fifield
06-28-2006, 8:29 PM
Pat,

I'm using XP Home edition, Corel Draw X3 and an Epilog Mini 24 connected via an Ethernet network switch. I have not experienced this issue at all. When I print a raster or vector pattern, it's usually instantaneously available at the laser. On some very large pictures (24" x 12" canvas), even with just one object on them (for vector cutting), I do experience a few seconds delay sometimes. Overall, I'd have to say that I see no difference between X3 and 12, which I used to use.

Questions for you:

1. How much RAM do you have in your PC?
2. What speed is the processor?
3. How many other applications/windows do you have open at the same time, and what are they?
4. When was the last time you defragmented your hard drive?
5. Do you have the laser connected via Ethernet or USB?
6. Is your PC a desktop or a laptop? If it's a laptop, do you have any speed/power tradeoff settings set up?
7 What did you have for breakfast?

Let us know the answers to these, and I'm sure we can come up with some experiments for you to try.

Cheers,
Dave F.

Jerry Allen
06-29-2006, 10:05 AM
I suspect there is some issue going on between v12 and v13.
There is a lot of stuff that is saved from v12 that can interfere with v13.
Try pressing the F8 key while X3 is loading to reset the default workspace.
Also check the settings for your memory buffers:
Options-Workspace-Memory-Swap disks
and make sure there is adequate space and that space is defragged.

Patrick Cooley
06-29-2006, 5:37 PM
All,
Thanks for the input. My internet is down at home so I'm a little slow responding back.
Plenty of Memory and defrag is up to date. It's an HP Laptop running XP Home. 512 memory. Ethernet connection via wireless.

I'll give the F8 key a try.
I really like X3 and want to make it work.

Thanks
Pat.

P.S. I had Cherrios for breakfast.