PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and something not quite right??

Al Willits
06-27-2006, 7:24 PM
The person who posted about this jointer says it looks like its never been used and is in excelent condition....

Moderator removed direct link to e-bay - - TOS violation

Not sure but isn't that overspray on whatever its sitting on??

Seems to me, if its in the shape he says its in, he wouldn't have to paint it??

Maybe its just me:confused:

Al who thinks buyer beware may be an understatement

Don Baer
06-27-2006, 7:37 PM
The person who posted about this jointer says it looks like its never been used and is in excelent condition....

The key word is looks. The seller is not claiming that it never been used.

Mark Rios
06-27-2006, 7:43 PM
Yeah, that thing's been used and redone. Looks like they did alot of work on it. Looks pretty good to me but what do I know. Are those wire brush marks on the guard?

Is that called mini-old iron? :D

Steve Clardy
06-27-2006, 8:40 PM
Looks like they squirted some paint on it.

Looks like masking tape is still on it by the cutter head

Michael Cody
06-27-2006, 9:02 PM
Definently refurb'd -- but you've got a seller with 1909 feedbacks and 100% -- that is almost unheard of -- you'd think some idiot would have found something wrong and posted a bad feedback.

If you wanted that type of jointer, were close enough to not ship and the price doesn't go much over 200$ -- I'd jump on it. It ain't like a jointer is a complex piece of equipment.

Matt Meiser
06-27-2006, 9:53 PM
I agree with everyone else. Looks like he did a good job though from the pictures. Looks like he removed all the hardware and cleaned it up and took the time to clean mating surfaces and such.

Al Willits
06-28-2006, 2:30 PM
Sorry for the ebay post.

Personally if someone tells me it looks like its never been used, then paints it, I find that a bit funny.
Sounds like a scam to me, whether its worth the price or not, imho.

Al

Vaughn McMillan
06-28-2006, 3:47 PM
Al, for future reference, you can post eBay auction numbers, or other descriptions for others to be able to find the listing...you just aren't supposed to post actual links to auction sites.

Regarding the jointer in question, I don't think the guy was trying to scam anyone. Like Michael pointed out, 100% feedback rating with that many transactions indicates he's a pretty straight-shooting guy. If he was being sneaky, he'd have a picture without the overspray.I think the fact that he showed the overspray was intentional, to indicate that he had worked the machine over. After all, he said "looks" like new. ;)

- Vaughn

Scott Loven
06-28-2006, 4:12 PM
the ebay no link rule is a pain, can anyone tell us what the auction number is?
Is the no link rule because it will go dead after 90 or whatever it is days?
Scott

Mark Rios
06-28-2006, 4:20 PM
the ebay no link rule is a pain, can anyone tell us what the auction number is?
Is the no link rule because it will go dead after 90 or whatever it is days?
Scott

The no Ebay rule is just a rule. It's there and that's it. No problem.

Here's the Item Number: 140000757052

Al Willits
06-28-2006, 5:37 PM
I understand, in all probably its a great deal for someone, I just thought he used a bit of liberty in describing the unit, maybe "refurbished/repainted unit runs like new" or something like that would have not been quite so misleading.

Might just be as I have a bit different opinion of what "just like new" means....:)

Al who thinks like new means original paint job too...:D