PDA

View Full Version : Engravlab problem

Mark Fitzmorris
06-27-2006, 5:24 PM
I am encountering a problem with Engravlab and wonder if anyone else has had this problem and may have a solution. The program was running fine when it suddenly came up with a error msg stateing: "Unrecognized database format 'C:\Engravlab Laser7.1\CutTmpl.mdb ". The program then shuts down. I have called my dealer but they did not know what to do so they put in a call to CADLINK and I am awaiting their call but that does not look like it is going to happen today cause they close at 5. Any suggestions?

Rodne Gold
06-28-2006, 3:34 AM
Cadlink has a knowledge base on their site with a solution to this problem , it has something to do with a certian DLL that needs to be updated- you need to go to their site and register and they will send you a login and password to acess the knowledge base site. The mdb file is microsoft access file , we have had this problem with signlab5 and it was related to this dll file and was also related to the fact that we were using a later version of office that has a different format of mdb files.
A temp solution might be to find the original cutmpl mdb file on the installation disc and copy it over , failing that , a reinstall of engravelab might be the answer.

Mark Fitzmorris
06-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Rodne,

Thank you for your response! Once again your knowledge and willingness to help is greatly appreciated! CADLINK called me first thing this morning and was able to fix the problem. It seems that there is a way for them to actually get into my computer from their office and fix things. You were correct that that file had somehow got corrupted they emailed me a new file then replaced it. This was my first time I have had to use their support and I must say they were great! I am back up and running! Thanks again.