PDA

View Full Version : How does one edit a photo from a post?

Richard McComas
09-15-2003, 3:18 PM
In the current weed-end accomplishment thread I inadvertently posted two of the same photos, when I went to the edit function I could not find a way to delete one of them. Any way to do this?

Jim Becker
09-15-2003, 3:30 PM
In the current weed-end accomplishment thread I inadvertently posted two of the same photos, when I went to the edit function I could not find a way to delete one of them. Any way to do this?

Hit the "edit" button on the post in question. Near the bottom of the resulting window, click on "manage attachments". Click on the "remove" button for any photo you want to delete.

One thing you may want to do if your photo program allows it is to compensate for the flourescent lights by reducing the green component a little bit and adding a slight amount of red and/or blue channel. It will help the wonderful colors of your finishes to stand out more!!

(I just picked up Adobe Photoshop Elements and it's a wonderful application for preparing photos for publication on the web or on paper. Easy to use, too. There is also a $30 rebate available if you happen to own one of a set of certain other programs which reduces the cost to about $50)

Richard McComas
09-15-2003, 3:49 PM
Hit the "edit" button on the post in question. Near the bottom of the resulting window, click on "manage attachments". Click on the "remove" button for any photo you want to delete.

One thing you may want to do if your photo program allows it is to compensate for the fluorescent lights by reducing the green component a little bit and adding a slight amount of red and/or blue channel. It will help the wonderful colors of your finishes to stand out more!!

(I just picked up Adobe Photo Elements and it's a wonderful application for preparing photos for publication on the web or on paper. Easy to use, too. There is also a $30 rebate available if you happen to own one of a set of certain other programs which reduces the cost to about $50)

Thanks for the edit help Jim, worked just like you said. Actually I own a copy of Photo Elements version 2.0 which I haven't really taken the time to learn yet. My digital camera has a fluorescent light setting which I use.

Jim Becker
09-15-2003, 3:57 PM
Thanks for the edit help Jim, worked just like you said. Actually I own a copy of Photo Elements version 2.0 which I haven't really taken the time to learn yet. My digital camera has a fluorescent light setting which I use.

'Glad to help.

Try shooting without that setting...something is amiss given the green cast. I also have a filter that goes on the front of the lense for my camera, but I found it to be a pain...one must remember to remove it when not shooting under those lights. It's just easier to fix in the software; in some cases, it's just one click, too.

I've been a long time user of Picture Publisher that was originally produced by MicroGrafx. Corel bought them out awhile back and is no longer developing PP further, so it was time for a change. I can't justify the cost of the full PhotoShop program, but Elements was worth a try...and it worth twice what they ask for it. Case in point, I struggled to remove the glasses from my face (since I don't wear them anymore) with PP earlier this year for the pic that graces my web site (and avitar). I got it done, but there was a lot of nasty aliasing, etc. After I installed Elements last week, I managed to go in "blind" and fix everything really, really well with the excellent tools that the new program provides. I should be able to do a lot better when I actually learn how to use it more!

Oh, ok, I suppose taking a new picture would have been better, but that would have required a lot more work recreating a whole bunch of graphics that were derived from it. I'd rather work in the shop...