PDA

View Full Version : One more

Rich Stewart
06-27-2006, 10:32 AM
This is a little dish of something called maywood. It came as a sample in the alaskan birch. Turned very easily. Nice wood. I would like to try a bigger piece. It is about 2 and a half round.

The pen is from a juniper type tree that was growing around the pool. My wife killed it when she thought the water from backwashing the pool would be good to wash the tree down. CA finish. Sanded through 600.

I think that's all for now. That's what I have been doing for the last couple months. Thanks for putting up with it.

Bernie Weishapl
06-27-2006, 11:31 AM
I like that bowl Rich. The wood is awesome. Nice job on the pen. Juniper looks pretty good. Nice job on both.

Corey Hallagan
06-27-2006, 8:30 PM
Nice work! That looks like a set pair! A paperclip bowl and a nice pen.

corey

Tom Sherman
06-28-2006, 12:05 AM
There you go again Rich, Super bowl and pen.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
06-28-2006, 3:20 AM
I like 'em, Rich. Too bad about the juniper, but I'm glad you could put the wood to good use.

Vaughn McMillan
06-28-2006, 3:48 AM
Guys, it took a little reading between the lines, but I think I figured it out...

Rich has been buying bowls on eBay! :eek: I think that's the only way he could crank out so many nice bowls in one day like this. :p :D

Nice work all around, Rich. Looks like a productive couple of months. Thanks for posting the pics.

- Vaughn

Rich Stewart
06-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Haha. I have been looking around on ebay and it seems the wood is more expensive than the finished bowls. How does THAT work?

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
06-28-2006, 1:40 PM
The wood vendors know they can get a good price for their product. The bowl buyers, however, know they can get a similar item for very cheap at the local K'walmeijget. Might want to try etsy---that site specializes in handcrafted items.