PDA

View Full Version : Aaargh!

Ned Bulken
06-27-2006, 8:19 AM
:mad: You folks are just killing me with the pieces coming off of your lathes. Not having a shop at all is one thing, but now I want to buy a lathe and grinder in the worst way, and turn, before I build my new shop!

Keep up the good work, thanks for the inspiration!:D

Steve Ash
06-27-2006, 8:56 AM
You might as well give in to your urges Ned, you are already sliding down that slope. Plastic cards are a wonderful thing, you can be turning in just a few hours :D now get in your vehicle and travel East to your closest dealer!

Mark Cothren
06-27-2006, 9:02 AM
That was my plan and it worked out for me... you just need a buddy close by with a big shop to hold your stuff for you while you build your shop....:D

Just go on and git'r done... it's all over but the cryin'...

Ned Bulken
06-27-2006, 9:14 AM
must be strong... resist....

plastic? hrmmmmm....

oh I have my tools available.... sort of. Just busy with the wedding next weekend or I'd be slinging sawdust all over the place outside.
I think I did convince the LOML that after the wedding :eek: :D we're going to tighten up the storage unit and move some of the crud out of the shed and into the unit so I can get the 'shop' project into action again. She said I've been grumpy, and that I need to go make some sawdust again. I said 'Later Dear, let's get through next saturday first'

Michael Stafford
06-27-2006, 9:42 AM
Ned, when I read the title of your thread I thought you were commenting on Andy Hoyt's drink of choice, Moxie.....which in case you haven't heard is distinctively different.

Plastic is a good thing but not when used to excess. I hope you are able to get your shop and your lathe in short order.:D

Don Baer
06-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Ned,
Tell your intended that the Jet mini with the vise included that they're offering a woodcraft would be a very nice wedding present..:D

Ned Bulken
06-27-2006, 12:19 PM
would you believe I'm well traveled enough to have Had Moxie before? there's only a couple of places in the US I've not visited... only missing The Dakota's, Alaska and Hawaii. And I've made it a point to be familiar with the local 'flavors' as it were.
for those in Cleveland/NW PA, ever had Vernor's Ginger ale? Yum!

Mark Pruitt
06-27-2006, 12:29 PM
...now I want to buy a lathe and grinder in the worst way, and turn, before I build my new shop!
That can mean one, and only one thing.....
Your next shop will be ROUND!!!:D

Ned Bulken
06-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Mark,
oh it has been on my tool wish list awhile. I even have a starter set of chisels already. just a matter of time.

Don,
yep, I could see that working... um, no, come to think of it, I can't... but nice thought just the same. I'll 'settle' for moving more tools into the current shed. and more of the 'stuff' in there to the storage unit. THat at least is 'free' as it were.