PDA

View Full Version : Help with Corel Draw10

David Lord
06-27-2006, 3:04 AM
I have recently taken delivery of an Epilog Mini 12x24 and am very impressed with initial results. I use Corel Draw 10 and wonder if the default settings of the 0-0 can be altered. I have made a page size of 600x300 to represent the bed, but the x-0 is in the top left and the y-0 is in the bottom left. All our calculations are made from the top left, particularly when we print peview with a work piece say in the centre of the bed. I have made several jigs for such things as pens and some great 1oz stainless steel hip flask/key rings we engrave and have to enlarge the top left corner and drag the 0-0 location there in order to calculate the engraving position.
Is it posible to alter that home position?
David Lord

Bruce Volden
06-27-2006, 7:17 AM
Right click in the ruler area (vertical), type in your vertical setting you want viola. Bruce

David Lord
06-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Bruce,
Thanks for that. We have followed your instructions, but can't default the settings. Still we'll save time.
David

Joe Pelonio
06-27-2006, 12:07 PM
On Corel 12, you right click with the mouse pointer on the ruler. Click on ruler setup, then set the y axis origin to 12.

Bruce Volden
06-27-2006, 12:16 PM
You can set the page up to your specific needs and then save them by going through the tools, options..... thingy. If you want, you can even save differing settings there ie; opens to the page selected (the one you use more often), open to blank etc.. Even can name them and pull them up under the layout flyout . Hope this will help you, remember though, that when Corel "locks up" or appears to go sideways on you you can always default to original by holding the F8 key when opening the program. This has happened to me many times, then I have to reset my particular layout :(

Bruce

Jim A. Walters
06-27-2006, 3:58 PM
To default the settings (at least on CD11) goto Tools>Options>Documents and click "Save Options as Defaults for New Documents".

George M. Perzel
06-27-2006, 4:22 PM
Hi
Not sure about C10 but 11 and on certainly had a little angle symbol in the upper left corner-drag it to wherever you want 0,0 to be.
george