PDA

View Full Version : Tx. Bbq

Steve Jenkins
09-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Just thought it was time to remind everyone that we are having a BBq here in Dallas on Oct. 24,25,26. the actual BBq will be on the 25th. at about 2:00pm.
Stephen Stokes has offered to bbq a whole pig (Thanks Stephen) so all we need now are some side dishes. JIm Rahbe has volunteered to bring soft drinks ( Thanks Jim).Beer or harder stuff is fine if you want to bring it.
We could use some tables and chairs if anyone local can get their hands on some.
As far as I know Sophie and his wife and Dave Smith and his wife are still planning to come down from Wa.
It will be at my shop Furniture Crafters. There are no activities planned for Fri. but anyone that wants to come by we can sure start the socializing and goof in the shop some.
If anyone wants to demo something feel free,just let me know in advance so I can gather any materials you might need and either you can post it or I will so everyone will know what is going to go on.
Larry Hancock will be doing some turning.
I will make more frequent reminders as time goes by.
I hope to see a crowd.
Steve

Dave Smith
09-16-2003, 3:03 AM
Hi Steve,

Sandy and I will be driving and pulling the mill stone on wheels you saw at Sophie's. Now I need to find a RV park instead of a motel. I hope KC is coming up to the BBQ other wise I will have to swing through Leesville to see that cantankerous old cuss. I hope to see Wally Dickerman on the way through AZ. What would a road trip be without seeing a few woodworkers along the way.

Dave Smith

Fall is coming, the rain is cool in Longview, WA.

Larry Hancock
09-16-2003, 6:34 AM
Dave,

I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Sounds like you are going to have a great trip down this way with the stops you have planned. Say hello to Wally for me and have a safe trip.

Larry Hancock

Ron Jackson
09-16-2003, 8:38 PM
Hey, Steve.... drop me a quick e-mail and let me know what SWMBO and I can bring from Melissa, TX. (40 mi.) She won the black walnut from Austin Hardwood, year before last, and now wants to contribute to the "kitty". Lookin' forward to seeing everybody.