PDA

View Full Version : so I am wearing a red shirt today

Ned Bulken
06-26-2006, 7:03 PM
and somewhat ratty blue jeans: I am shopping at staples... sure enough. Someone walks up to me and asks where to find a Keyboard. I decide not to "play" that game, and show them my intended purchase.
"Oh, sorry, thought you worked here":eek:

Kelly Anderson
06-26-2006, 7:15 PM
I don't care where I am at or what I am wearing I always get someone comming up and asking for help. It drives me crazy. Some people even get mad when I tell them that I don't work where ever I am.

Jim Becker
06-26-2006, 9:32 PM
Been there...had it happen. I guess some of us just look "retail" or something. Of course, in my case, the pony tail in an electronics store doesn't help... ;)

Matt Meiser
06-26-2006, 9:45 PM
People kept coming over to my desk today and asking me questions like I worked there. Oh, different topic. :D Anyway, that happens to me from time to time. Usually people get embarrased when they realize I don't work there.

On a kind of related topic, when I was in high school I worked for a major Detroit area auto parts chain that, at the time, was family owned. The owner was in our store one busy Saturday and since I'd never seen him before and he seemed to be looking for something I asked if I could help him find anything. I guess I was a little embarrassed after he introduced himself. Then 15 minutes lather I walked up behind him and asked again. I must have been really embarassed that time, but he thanked me for helping customers. Unfortunately he saw fit to retire and the same chain is now owned by an even larger auto parts chain and the service has gone way down hill since.

Ned Bulken
06-27-2006, 7:54 AM
I found it particularly humorous after the recent Best Buy debacle. If I were wearing khakis, sure...

Jim, I sure hear ya re the 'retail look'. I suppose I have an honest face (AE newman look is only temporary)

Tyler Howell
06-27-2006, 8:03 AM
A shopper couldn't get help at the borg, did the mistaken I.D. thing last week and I was ready to load some ply so we teamed up and helped each other. I think that's the way it should be.;) Always glad to share my vast source of useless information.:D

tod evans
06-27-2006, 8:07 AM
funny nobody asks for my assistance as i stormtroop retail stores:rolleyes:

Frankie Hunt
06-27-2006, 2:30 PM
I just reply; "Sorry..... I'm on my break"

Just kidding;)

Ned Bulken
06-27-2006, 2:52 PM
at least there wasn't a swarm of folk in red shirts... like in Another thread... :rolleyes: