PDA

View Full Version : What are they called?

Perry Holbrook
06-26-2006, 1:13 PM
I'm "engineering" a rack that I can drop into the lower rack of our dishwasher that will allow me to wash small pieces of cut glass. I'm probably going to use some small strips of wire shelving like you would put in a closet.

Anyway, when I cut the wire to the length I need, it will leave the end of the wire unprotected from the water and then rust. So I'm looking for those little rubber "things" that slip over the end of the wire. I don't know what to call them to begin to google.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Perry.

Michael Stafford
06-26-2006, 1:17 PM
Perry, I don't know but could you use that rubber compound that you dip tool handles in to cushion the grip? I think they sell it at Lowe's.

I don't remember the name of that dipping material either....Shoot, I guess I am not much help at all.:o

Bob Childress
06-26-2006, 1:23 PM
They are called "little rubber things that slip over the end of the wire".:D

But seriously, if you are using similar to closet wire the borgs have bags of the little rubber things in the closet organizer section of the store.:)

Joe Pelonio
06-26-2006, 1:27 PM
And I think you'd be better off using the liquid tool dip. Try looking for Plasti Dip.

Dennis Peacock
06-26-2006, 1:41 PM
But won't the hot water and forced water pressure cause them to expand and some loose inside the dishwasher??? :confused: Inquiring minds wanna know.

Mark Cothren
06-26-2006, 1:42 PM
They also sell those "little rubber things" at the BORGs last I recall.

Julio Navarro
06-26-2006, 1:48 PM
That was going to be my suggestion. Its called Plasti Dip I got mine at HD.

I havent used it yet.

Doyle Alley
06-26-2006, 2:01 PM
If you can't find the tool dip, use liquid electrical tape. It is available in the electricial section of the borg.

Jim O'Dell
06-26-2006, 2:29 PM
If you use the end caps, be sure to silicone them on. Fill the cap, press on, wipe off excess, let dry thoroughly. Maybe there is a plastic basket with tight enough weave and some vertical posts to place inside the dish washer. Jim.

Lee Schierer
06-27-2006, 12:53 PM
What about one of those screen racks they sell in the B-B-que section for cooking fish on the barbie! The kind that open and the fish goes in teh middle between two layers of screen mesh. They would hold your glass pretty securely.

Larry Cooke
06-28-2006, 4:14 PM
So I'm looking for those little rubber "things" that slip over the end of the wire. I don't know what to call them to begin to google.Perry,

I don't know if I'm too late for you, but for future posterity here's one possible link for what you may be looking for:

http://www.stockcap.com/pvc-caps.html

If you have any hobby stores near you that sells R/C cars and trucks, they will sell these caps - they use them to seal/contain the antennae wire that extends though a tube.

Anyhow, one idea for you.

Larry

Perry Holbrook
06-28-2006, 9:04 PM
Larry, thank you, those are exactly what I needed. However I've already used the plastic dip stuff. I'll bookmark the site for future use. I'm going to start a new thread with pictures of my first attempt.

Perry