PDA

View Full Version : New Item

Glenn Hodges
06-26-2006, 7:55 AM
New Product (for me)

I have a lot of lookers at an arts and crafts show. Many of them can or will not spend the amount of money I ask for my bowls so like many of you I try to make an item which retails for much less than the cost of my bowls. Sometimes people pick up my bowls, look at the price, and put them down like they are hot horse shoes. This is an item I am making which I hope will do good at a show. I make regular salt shakers, but I also make this style which has a handle. The handle which is a drawer handle comes from the local hardware store, and the salt shaker items are carried by Packard, and Craft Supplies. On this piece finished with spray lacquer, I had to fill in the worm holes with malachite. Let me know what you think, and the price you think it would sell for in your area. Your help would be appreciated.

John Timberlake
06-26-2006, 8:33 AM
I'm guessing the time consuming part is putting in the filler for the worm holes and the expensive part is the hands. Like the looks. I would inlet the handle so it is flush with the shaker. As far as price, depends on the quality of the show, but probably $15-20. You might make salt and pepper shakers with different color fillers and sell them as a pair.

Corey Hallagan
06-26-2006, 8:51 AM
Glen I like these and I think the hanle Idea is great. I dont know what you have into these but I would hope if I did some of these that I would be able to get at least 20.00 a set if not $25.00. Very nice idea.

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
06-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Hey Glenn that is a pretty cool idea. I like it. I saw some in Nebraska that the guy was getting $25 for a set of salt and pepper shakers. No handles though.

Mike Ramsey
06-26-2006, 10:51 AM
I think the selling part depends on your area, here just about anything
made from mesquite sells great. I like it better without the handles
but that's just me. Great job Glenn!

Ernie Nyvall
06-26-2006, 7:08 PM
Those look real nice Glenn. The handle is a good idea for having them at the bar-b-que pit or that same sort of lunch, but I think I'd make some without the handle for a nice dinner set. JMHO

Ernie

Mark Cothren
06-27-2006, 9:18 AM
Looks simple and practical to me, Glenn. I'd think these would sell. Sorry, but I have no idea how much in my area or anywhere else. I don't have enough experience to draw from.

Good luck!!!!