PDA

View Full Version : Pantry slides

Dan McLaughlin
09-15-2003, 7:15 AM
I'm putting in a small (15"wide about 5ft high) pantry for my LOML. I've seen the slides @ Rockler and LeeValley. Am I missing any significant others from any other vendor? Any recommendations (or non-recommendations) regarding either of the slides from Rockler and LeeValley??

Jim Becker
09-15-2003, 8:57 AM
I'm putting in a small (15"wide about 5ft high) pantry for my LOML. I've seen the slides @ Rockler and LeeValley. Am I missing any significant others from any other vendor? Any recommendations (or non-recommendations) regarding either of the slides from Rockler and LeeValley??

Dan, I just used the package from Rockler (http://www.rockler.com/index.cfm?sid=AF331) for our spice roll-out...it's basically some repackaged Accuride stuff, but works very well.

(As a matter of fact, I have an extra set if you want them, rather than me sending it back to Rockler. It will save you the shipping...just come pick it up. This is the regular duty unit #91968 that sells for $59.99)

Daniel Rabinovitz
09-15-2003, 3:15 PM
Dan
You can also chck out www.cabinetparts.com
I bought some slides from them a couple of months ago and were very helpful in helping me select the 150lb slides for my planer.
Daniel

Jamie Buxton
09-15-2003, 4:17 PM
Dan, I used some really heavy-duty ones from Hafele on a roll-out pantry-type thing that stores up to 3000 CDs. They're very solid, and hold a whole heck of a lot. Hafele only sells wholesale, but the heavy-duty ones from Rockler (P/N 31764 etc) look like exactly the same thing.

Dan Stuewe
09-15-2003, 7:23 PM
I haven't used them, but I've seen that McFeeley's (the square drive screw folks) have good prices on ones that look like accurides.

(one of these days I'll get to that kitchen pull-out shelf project)