PDA

View Full Version : Tool and wood gloat

Tom Sherman
06-25-2006, 3:51 PM
This has been a great weekend, managed to get 2 maple branches about 10 inches in diameter and about 3 feet long from a neighor who was elated to get rid of the wood, and a piece of locust and walnut from my son. Knowing that today was my anniversary (11 years) I wasn't expecting to get what came next. The LOML surprised me with a brand spanking new RICON mini. Not really the bigger lathe that I had hoped for but still bigger than what I have already, I really believe that this woman is too good for me,she appreciates tools.

For the picture police I have been unable to find my digital camera and am apparently reduced to using a disposal and will have to hook up my scanner so I can post pictures as I already know IF THERE ARE NO PICS IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Updates to follow.

As promised here are a few photos quality is not real good but better than nothing...having trouble posting pics. Try again later.

Corey Hallagan
06-25-2006, 3:56 PM
Congrats Tom! That will be a great lathe for you! Enjoy!

Corey

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
06-25-2006, 5:30 PM
Tom, I wonder if perhaps she's wanting to use the other lathe... :)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-25-2006, 5:56 PM
Congrats Tom.....first on the LOYL who's looking out for you and then the new lathe! And....finally the wood! Yup......it's been a good day!

Tom Sherman
06-26-2006, 4:06 PM
Finally heres a pic of my new Ricon

Don Baer
06-26-2006, 4:36 PM
Great Gloats. I too have a Rikon and find it fills my needs. Someday I'll get a bigger one for bigger bowls but for now it does everything I ask it to do.

Ernie Nyvall
06-26-2006, 5:56 PM
Congrats Tom. A couple of great gloats, but the wife going out and buying the lathe is just the best.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
06-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Congrats Tom on the lathe and the wood. Now it is time to get it dirty with chips. Great gloat.

Tom Sherman
06-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks for all the kind words folks. I just found out that my sixth grandchild was born this evening a Boy 7lbs 14ozs. I think that tops the scale of good news. Will post a pic when I get back from the hosp tomorrow.