PDA

View Full Version : I am beggining to feel like George Banks...

Mark Singer
06-25-2006, 1:23 PM
Well my daughter Jessica and jason have decided to get married....I am quite happy ! After a parade of strange, weird and unimaginaly dumb boyfriends....she found Mr. Right...he sure looks like it anyway... Jason is an attorney, but don't hold that against him yet....he plays wonderful classical guitar and loves good food and wine... Friday night we met the "Fockers" actually the Fratts in this case....great people! The father, Tom is very creative and is working on computer generated classical music for commercial uses like film...woops they just arrived story to continue...

Bob Childress
06-25-2006, 4:05 PM
Mark,

That is wonderful! Congratulations! Now, if you can just offer them $15,000 to elope, you will be bucks ahead!! :rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
06-25-2006, 6:11 PM
Okay Mark.......now do your Paul Harvey imitation............."Now ....here's the rest of the story................":rolleyes:

Don Baer
06-25-2006, 7:06 PM
Mark,'
Congrats. Your not loosing a daighter, your gaining another son...;)

Mark Singer
06-25-2006, 7:20 PM
Okay here is a little more.....Jess wants to do it at the Montage Resort...so we set it up for July 15th....It will be the only wedding that day at the resort and we will take the entire Studio Resturant rather than a banquet room...what the heck? It is beautiful there and a little pricey....but you only do it once...hopefully! So last night I got a new suit....like a tan / grey color and today we interviewed a photographer and stylist....Invitations are alrady printed and I need to pick wines and finalize the menu.... If I don't buy and tools for the next 25 years....you can relate it to this thread....The Fratts came over for brunch and met Reharge (Dexter) and Retired (Java)....I didn't drop his bankbook in the pool yet...but the hot dogs still come in packages of 8 and the buns in packages of 10... Excuse me I am going to practice my half court basketball game:confused:
Click on the link and go to View Video....
http://www.montagelagunabeach.com/accommodationsamenties/index.html

Don Baer
06-25-2006, 8:15 PM
Hey mark,
Don't forget your creeker buddies when you send out invitations..;)

I don't need a massage and don't worry about the wine for me. Bud light is fine..:D

I hope you get the balboa house sold soon so you can pay for this wedding. Now you know why I was glad I had 2 sone and no daughters..

Jim Becker
06-25-2006, 8:56 PM
Ah....she does have good taste it sounds like. Congratulations on the official news!!! And do remember, some of us that are "strange and weird" turn out pretty good, too... ;)

Mark Pruitt
06-25-2006, 9:00 PM
I can hear the excitement building all the way over in Virginia! Congratulations!

Norman Hitt
06-26-2006, 2:22 AM
Well, Congratulations are certainly in order here, but I've gotta know, has Jessica broke the news to Jason yet that he's got to become a Full Fledged, card Carrying "Creeker" before any "I Do's" can possibly take place???:confused: He's got to understand Up Front that there's a VERY STRONG, Singer Family Tradition that MUST be Honored, no matter what.:D

You'd better REALLY get busy finishing that Balboa House too, 'cause I KNOW First Hand how Daughters think, and I can just hear it now, "But Dad, you've just GOT to build my House, because You're the "ONLY" one that knows exactly what I want".:rolleyes: :D :D :D

Jim Tobias
06-26-2006, 8:31 AM
Mark,
I feel your pain. My daughter (last of 3 children and only girl)is getting married on July 15th also. I (as you ) have gone through a lot of "not quite what I had hoped for" in the boyfriend departnment a long the way. Now I thank my lucky stars that she has found someone that I like a whole lot. A grascious, kind, caring younf man who is in stocks and bonds in NY. The wedding is at the New York Botanical Gardens. Enough said!!
As I told our future son in law, he will never understand (unless they have a duaghter) what it means to a father to have your daughter marry someone that you know will care for her and love her and make dad feel good. He has done this and for that I am thankful.

Jim

Karl Laustrup
06-26-2006, 8:59 AM
Congrats, Mark. It all sounds like it will be a wonderful wedding.

I hope you won't have to compromise the "lumber hauler" to help defray the costs. ;) :D

Schlamaca centerpieces on the tables?????:D

Karl

Jerry Olexa
06-27-2006, 3:18 PM
Mark, being "Father of the Bride" is generally a wonderful experience. I did it twice in the past 6 years and altho my wallet suffers, there's a lot of joy. We fathers are always very protective of our little girls which I talked about in my short remarks to the group before dinner. I still kid with my 2 SIL's (both WWers) that they are still on probation until certain issues improve. :D Overall. its a great experience. Enjoy it...:)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Well Dad..........How are you and Mom doing. The big day is quickly arriving! Congrats Mark! Enjoy!

John Miliunas
07-11-2006, 11:35 AM
"Holy wedding bells, Batman!!!" :eek: Just a tad on the "short notice", no???? :eek: Ahhhhh, what the heck! If Jessica feels it's right, then it's right! :D I'll place bets that Myriam is equally, if not more so, excited about this joyous occasion than Jess herself! I can hear her now: "So, you guys, when's my first grand-baby coming???? Hmmmmm?????" :D

Please, give my very best to Jessica and Jason! Having met Jessica, I can only say that she deserves the very best Cali has to offer and, by the way you talk, it seems that Jason has passed muster! This is a good thing! If not, he's going to have a whole lot of Creekers to answer to!!! :eek: :D Congrats, my friend! :) :cool:

Dennis Peacock
07-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Many congrats to you Mark and the new couple!!! May the marriage be one that lasts a lifetime.

Jim Becker
07-11-2006, 8:52 PM
Wow....big wedding weekend! (We'll be at one, too...) Congrats to Jessica and Jason! AND...the happy 'rents, too!

Tom Hamilton
07-11-2006, 9:03 PM
Congrats Mark on gaining a SIL. May your relationship with him will be another bright spot in your life.

Remember the father of the bride has three main jobs: smile, nod and sign checks. It's a real simple role to play.

Best regards, Tom in Houston, nearly recovered from the Jun 4, 1995 wedding!

PS: Mark, my son is in Laguna tonight to see the Pagent of the Masters! We went in the early 70's and loved it. I think he will also. T