PDA

View Full Version : Wands...Magic optional

Curt Fuller
06-25-2006, 1:08 PM
A friend of mine asked if I would make some Magic Wands, Harry Potter style, for his daughter. I told him I could probably come up with the wands but he'd have to ask someone else to make them magic.
The top one is purpleheart, the middle is a maple wand with apricot handle, the bottom is purpleheart wand with bloodwood handle.

Bill O'Conner
06-25-2006, 1:26 PM
Nice looking will have to hide this tread from my son or he'll want me to make some too:)

Bill

Jim Becker
06-25-2006, 1:26 PM
Nice job, Curt!! Curious...did you use a steady or you hand to keep them running true?

Bernie Weishapl
06-25-2006, 1:32 PM
Nice jobe Curt. Ditto Jim's question about stablizing them.

Frank Chaffee
06-25-2006, 1:45 PM
Curt,
Looks to me you used plenty of magic in the turning of those wands, and I’m sure the magic will be available to the wand bearer.

Very nice!

Frank

Corey Hallagan
06-25-2006, 1:57 PM
Very nice Curt! Looks like you put a little magic in those to me!

Corey

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
06-25-2006, 5:16 PM
Nice looking wands, Curt!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-25-2006, 6:15 PM
Excellent wands Curt! Some children will be extremely happy!

Frank Fusco
06-25-2006, 6:19 PM
Nice wands. The children are safe as these wands are only magic if the wand part is made from holly and you put either the feather of the Phoenix bird or Unicorn hair in the handle. I made some for my grands and they enjoy.

Curt Fuller
06-25-2006, 9:24 PM
Nice job, Curt!! Curious...did you use a steady or you hand to keep them running true?

Thanks all.

Jim, I used a little bit of the finger rest but they're about 3/8" thick except at the tips so they didn't need much support.

Frank, I'm glad you posted the components of a wand. I've read or watched most of the Harry Potter stories but had forgotten about the Holly wands.

Ernie Nyvall
06-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Nice job Curt.

I too made a wand for my oldest grandson, and now all of hisfriends want one.:rolleyes:

Ernie

Frank Fusco
06-26-2006, 9:24 AM
Thanks all.

Jim, I used a little bit of the finger rest but they're about 3/8" thick except at the tips so they didn't need much support.

Frank, I'm glad you posted the components of a wand. I've read or watched most of the Harry Potter stories but had forgotten about the Holly wands.

Actually, my wife, an avid HP fan, informs me that in the latest episode, the wands are made from a variety of materials. I'm pretty sure you still need the feather of the Phoenix bird or hair of the Unicorn in the handle though. ;)

Mike Ramsey
06-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Nice job Curt! I make a lot of those during our clubs market days
demos and give them away to the kids. The way the magic works
is you have to Swish & Flick the wand in a fluid motion! ;) .