PDA

View Full Version : Measure twice, or more and cut once.....

Bryan Rocker
06-24-2006, 7:26 PM
Good afternoon folks,

I may not be the most advanced wood worker around but I generally measure a dozen times to make sure how long, wide etc I want my cut to be. After hanging my first upper cabinet there was a spell of a week or two in which real life got in the way of wood working. Then came the past few nights where I had some time to build the other cabinet. Now having remembered that I cut all 4 sides to the right depth I proceeded to make all my preassembly stuff and glued her together. So far so good. I build the front frame, solid red oak, LOML stains it and then I use biscuits to put on the cabinet. So far so good. We go to the store and I come back and finish up the cabinet. We go to hang the dam thing and it first its sticking 3/4" ish out, I look and theres a tile under neath it. Ok I can fix that, 2 minutes later I put it on the wall and it just don't look right. So I pull out my tape measure and I find that the dam thing is 12 3/4" deep!!!! 3/4" toooo deep......Needless to say I wasn't amused. Eventhough I measured multiple times I failed to remeasure the sides to make sure there were right............The cabinets up I will just have to find a way to work it in luckily theres only a 1/2 height cabinet next to it.......

Per Swenson
06-24-2006, 8:27 PM
Block out your 12 inch cab by 3/4 and tell no one.

P.

Paul Prescott
06-27-2006, 6:23 PM
Been there .. done that .. no T-shirt, 'tho!

Steve Clardy
06-27-2006, 6:27 PM
Yea. Also been there, done that

Bryan Rocker
06-27-2006, 11:59 PM
I will have to see if I can block out that cabinet, the only 2 issues I see is the range hood exhaust ducts goes through this one .......

Thanks for the comments ;)