PDA

View Full Version : This is no way to start a Saturday

Roger Everett
06-24-2006, 2:39 PM
Put a small load in the washer, went to do the 3 S's. Now time to go out and cut the grass, but first one last trip to the can. So I went to the hall bath, on other side of hall from laundry room. Lifted the lid and the thing was full of sudsy water, O No!. Off to the master bath, toilet looks go, but what catches my eye is shower encloseure, the glass is all foggy. Shower floor is about 3" below floor level, and there's about 2" of water and assorted whatever in it. 2 nd O No!. Went outside to the cleanout, which is under LR window ( which is on other side of wall from M bath). Unscrewed the cap and stuff came pouring out. Put the cap back on. Went to a friends house ( 5 houses away ), " hey Walt, you got a snake ". No! Now O No is turning into O S#%t. Walt came over and I got out a couple long pinch bars, and we located the tank, a bit of digging and we uncovered the infeed cover, covered over with morter to seal it. Ran an air line over and got out an air chisel, and went to work on it. Lifted the lid and the in line has a 90 degree elbow the goes down about 2', only it was cracked inhalf at the 90, which allowed it to catch toilet paper and stuff and cause a blockage. Took a shovel and popped the plug out and the water just poured out. Can't figure out what broke the elbow, unless they did it when installing the tank 5 years ago. Put the lid back on and caulked it temporarily, and covered over with a pc. of plastic. Dirt back in and put back the sod. Odd how you never have as much sod to put back down as you take out. Guess I'll call someone in this week as it will need to be pumped down a bit to replace the elbow. Put all the tools away, crap it's 1 o'clock, and I started out to cut the grass at 9:30. And it started raining just as we finished. Grass tomorrow. Now off to clorox the shower, god nows what was in that water in there, well I know, but I don't want to think about it.
It also occurs to me. Walt lives 2 house down and around the corner 2nd house. We hit off a frienship a couple years after I built my house here, and we give each other a hand on projects around the house. It's nice to have good friends and neighbors like that.
Roger

Richard Wolf
06-24-2006, 4:03 PM
Well Roger, look at it this way, it can only get better!

Richard