PDA

View Full Version : Bisquit With A "Q"?

Bruce Benjamin
06-24-2006, 3:42 AM
Ok, so it's late and I'm tired, but what is it with people frequently spelling, "Biscuit" with a, "Q"? Has Bisquik, (the baking mix) become such a popular convenience in kitchens that so many people spell the common wood working word, "Bisquit" with a, "Q"? I'm not saying that I always spell words correctly but in this case I can see no other reason for people to spell this word with a, "Q" other than because of the yellow box of pancake/biscuit mix sitting in their pantry. Yeah, I know, I need a life. This is one of the few forums I visit with a spell checker but I still see it here from time to time too. How come we don't see more people spelling the word, "Clean" like the popular nose tissue, "Kleenex"? "How do you recommend I kleen the blade on my bisquit joiner?" Irregardless, I could care less.:D Those are two other topics for after another late night after a long drive. Time for bed.

Bruce

Vaughn McMillan
06-24-2006, 4:53 AM
Bruce, I no what chew mean. I think its a problem with it's usage or something. ;) :D

- Vawn

Tom Stover
06-24-2006, 7:27 AM
How about the use of bring and take. That is my biggest pet peeve. ;) :rolleyes:

Frank Chaffee
06-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Bruce,
I definately agree that you raze a good cuistion hear.
Frank

Lee DeRaud
06-24-2006, 1:15 PM
I think I could live with "bisquit" if everybody would learn the difference between "vise" and "vice".

Jim Becker
06-24-2006, 1:30 PM
In the context of woodworking, I personally am "fond" of folks using "draw" for "drawer".....and spell-checkers don't catch something like that!!c Must be that popular New England-based woodworker's accent that started that one!

Norman Hitt
06-24-2006, 3:13 PM
.......ande how about Rail & "style", or a "planner" & "joiner",:confused: :D

Bob Childress
06-24-2006, 3:47 PM
A contractor recently gave me an estimate for replacing the "lentil" over my garage door. I looked and couldn't find any of those little devils out there.;)

Lee DeRaud
06-24-2006, 3:49 PM
A contractor recently gave me an estimate for replacing the "lentil" over my garage door. I looked and couldn't find any of those little devils out there.;)The cook probably used them all in the soup.:p

Frank Chaffee
06-24-2006, 4:21 PM
I think I could live with "bisquit" if everybody would learn the difference between "vise" and "vice".
Well Lee,
Consider this; many novice woodworkers join this forum seeking advice. So far so good. Then through time and as woodworking develops for some into a compunction or habit, the lines between “vice”, and “vise” become blurred.
Just a thought…
Frank