PDA

View Full Version : Been gone awhile--just back from timber frame erection

Scott Banbury
06-23-2006, 7:30 PM
Check out the fun we had for the past 2 weeks . . .

http://www.scottbanbury.com/timberoo02.html

:D

WARNING: You can almost see some private parts in the photos from the slip and slide event held in front of the timber frame.

Rob Bodenschatz
06-23-2006, 8:28 PM
I think I saw the timber frame erection in one of those pics. :eek:

tod evans
06-24-2006, 9:05 AM
scott, looks like ya`ll had a good time! it`s good to know that green building is gaining popularity. reminds me of some of the midevil fairs i`ve attended in years gone by. tod

Mark Valsi
06-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Great pics!

Great story !!

looks like GREAT FUN !!!

Keith Beck
06-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Scott,

Neat pics! Way back when I was 15 or 16, my father and I helped a transplanted Englishman build his timber frame house in my home state of Delaware. We were paid with beer and a very unique experience.

The memorable thing for me was that although I was still fairly young, I got treated like the rest of the men on the job. It'll be an experience I cherish for a lifetime - especially now that my father, who was one of those guys that can do anything, suffers from Alzheimer's.

Keith

Scott Banbury
06-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks, Keith.

Beer's all I gave my crew too (and some funny mushrooms we found in the farmer's field next door) ;)

Having never built a timberframe before, I was a little nervous putting it up on site without the benefit of any of my shop tools but I've got to say, it was much easier and more time efficient than any conventional stud construction I've done.

Whenever I get around to building my own home, I'll definitely do timberframe and strawbale.