PDA

View Full Version : 30 Denim Sawmillcreek hats for sale and possible shirts for sale

Jackie Outten
06-23-2006, 11:58 AM
I have 30 denim hats left in inventory and I would like to clear them out. The hats are $18.95 which includes shipping. You can order via paypal (sales@northwindassociates.com) or send a check to Northwind Associates, 8770 Little England Road, Hayes, VA 23072. Come and get em.

Please leave feedback on shirts. I have had requests for pocket t-shirts, polo shirts and long sleeved denim shirts.
Sizes would be helpful also. With this information I can go talk to our promotions guy.

Thanks

Jackie

William Lewis
06-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Jackie,

Does that price still include a donation too?

William Lewis

Jackie Outten
06-23-2006, 2:28 PM
William,

That prices does include a donation.

Thanks.

Jackie

Brett Baldwin
06-24-2006, 6:26 PM
Paypal sent with a little extra to put in the coffers.

Mark Rios
06-24-2006, 6:29 PM
Uh oh....Keith and Jackie must REALLY be hurting for money......They're starting to sell their clothes.

We better donate more.

:D

Larry Cooke
06-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Post deleted...

Dave Fifield
06-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Shirts....we want SHIRTS!!!! Y'hear?.....can't remember the last time I wore a hat anywhere.....

Dave F.

Keith Outten
06-25-2006, 7:16 AM
Shirts....we want SHIRTS!!!! Y'hear?.....can't remember the last time I wore a hat anywhere.....

Dave F.

Dave,

I want a shirt as well. We need to get Jackie to visit our promotions guy and get some shirts ordered but in order to do that she most likely will want a commitment from lots of SMC Members.

Jackie is a teacher and is off for the summer so I know she can find the time to get us some shirts :)

For the record we make 5 bucks on each hat we sell and it all goes to support SMC.

Jackie Outten
06-25-2006, 8:38 AM
Okay, you twisted my arm. Now that I have a little time off for the summer I will go visit our promotions guy this week and see what I can come up with. I need suggestions for colors and what sizes you think would be most popular or we could just go with white t-shirts. Let me know what you think. I will report back to you as soon as I meet with Larry.

Thanks.

Jackie

Jim Becker
06-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Neutral color....with a pocket. Many of us need to carry reading glasses (and our phones...)... :) Larger sizes are usually best to start out with 'cause they shrink, especially in length. I only by XL for that reason, even though I can wear a L when it's new.

John Miliunas
06-25-2006, 11:07 AM
OK, Jackie, as long as you're asking... :D Denim blue, button-down shirt w/pocket(s) w/SMC logo embroidered on or above the pocket!!! :D (Don't ask for much, do I????:rolleyes: )

Another suggestion might be if you could check into just having SMC embroidered sew-on patches made up??? That way, members could purchase those and sew them on any of their favorite shirts, jackets, etc... I know a lot of the places that do shirts w/logo's charge a premium for the shirts themselves, so this would be a way to still distribute the SMC logo and make it affordable for more members. I'd much rather give the SMC kittty a bit of a boast for operating expenses than to add to the profits of the "team shirt" producer! Just an idea.... :) :cool:

Mark Pruitt
06-25-2006, 11:10 AM
I need suggestions for colors and what sizes you think would be most popular or we could just go with white t-shirts. Let me know what you think.
Jackie
Count me in. I was just thinking earlier about how I would like to buy some more pullover shirts.

FWIW, I'm an XL.
COLOR: Anything but white!!! White shirt = ketchup magnet. Black, blue, red, green, brown, burgandy, yellow, any of those would be fine. Heck, I'd even pick purple over white!:p
STYLE: How about two different styles? A pullover T-shirt for mundane uses and a nicer polo-type shirt. If I have to pick just one, I'm more likely to wear the T.
Whatever the style, I LOVE pockets.
Hope that helps.

Mark Pruitt
06-25-2006, 11:11 AM

Dave F.
Dave, you'll never wear a hat anywhere as long as you have those headphones on....:D :D :p

Cody Colston
06-25-2006, 11:46 AM
[quote=John Miliunas]OK, Jackie, as long as you're asking... :D Denim blue, button-down shirt w/pocket(s) w/SMC logo embroidered on or above the pocket!!! :D (Don't ask for much, do I????:rolleyes: )

Me, too. XL

To get a hat do we just send the amount via paypal with a note?

Jackie Outten
06-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Cody,

You can get a hat via paypal. Just write me a note saying you want to purchase a hat.

I will check on some pocket T-shirts with the log on the back. I'll also check prices for polo shirts and the denim shirts with the embroidered logo. I will also check on the patches.

Thanks for your input and please keep responding. That helps me determine what to check into.

Jackie

Bob Noles
06-25-2006, 1:01 PM
Jackie,

I ditto John Miliunas in an XL

Bernie Weishapl
06-25-2006, 1:29 PM
Jackie ditto the XL.

Brian Hale
06-25-2006, 1:55 PM
Yes, Pocket T-shirts! :D Any color will work (well, hot pink might not :rolleyes: ). I'm sort of an earth-tone kinda guy and i Love the pigment dyed type that look like they're 5 years old when you open the package. :cool:

I'll pay a premium for top quality T's if there is an option.

Should we have a design contest for what goes on the back of the shirt? I think the SMC logo at the top of the page would look good for the front.

Oh, and for sizes i'm a medium (for now)

Brian :)

Ron Jones near Indy
06-25-2006, 2:05 PM
I'm in for an XL. I like polo style with pockets or tee shirts.

Jeremy Gibson
06-25-2006, 2:32 PM
I really like henly style shirts - long or short sleeve. I don't know if it would be an option from the promotion company, but shirts with printed tags instead of the flappy kind are high on my preference list. That way I don't have to cut it off when it irritates my neck.

Jim Becker
06-25-2006, 2:42 PM
II don't know if it would be an option from the promotion company, but shirts with printed tags instead of the flappy kind are high on my preference list. That way I don't have to cut it off when it irritates my neck.
'One of the reasons that virtually all the tees I wear are the long-tails from Duluth Trading. The no-tag feature they implemented a year or two ago is really wonderful. I believe that Hanes now offers this on the better quality tees and many of the tee-printing services use Hanes stock.

Brett Baldwin
06-25-2006, 3:09 PM
I'm a T-shirt guy. I find the heavyweight fabric (cotton preferably) holds up much better. I'd be more than happy to pony-up the money ahead of time if that's what it takes to get the shirts. Size-wise, L or XL work for me.

Mark Rios
06-25-2006, 3:20 PM
I realize that I'm just a lowly wader here at the Creek, not a full-on swimmer (yet anyway), but I'd like to chime in if I may? I also don't wear ball caps so a shirt would be very welcome.

I've received alot of t-shirts over the years from construction type suppliers, lumber companies, truss companies, door companies, etc., and I've ALWAYS enjoyed the heavier, thicker, better quality and better made shirts that I've received than the thinner, undershirt type of tees that I'm sure we've all seen/worn. I wouldn't mind paying a extra buck or two for a better shirt (t-shirt or otherwise) that I could wear on the job and away from it as well.

Definately a pocket (for my Ipod :D ) and another vote for anything but white. However, I would like to vote against purple. With a big purple shirt on the resemblance to Barney is too much. damhikt

Polo shirt and/or denim? Hmmmmm, sounds intriguing.

XL as well.

Thanks.

Tom Sherman
06-25-2006, 3:33 PM
I am also a T-shirt kinda guy W/pocket of course. Kinda partial to the heather gray color but not anal about it. Don't forget about us 2x guys (the ones with the turning muscles);)

Bob Childress
06-25-2006, 4:00 PM
Jackie,

I vote for a pocket as well. Always carrying something. Heavy tees okay but polo type shirts would also be very nice and is my preference FWIW:)

XL for me too (do I detect a trend here?):rolleyes:

Bob Childress
06-25-2006, 4:13 PM
Just sent you the PayPal for a hat if any are left.:D

Don Dean
06-25-2006, 4:23 PM
I would definitely buy pocket t-shirts and long sleeved denim shirt in XL size.

Sam Chambers
06-25-2006, 5:31 PM
Please leave feedback on shirts. I have had requests for pocket t-shirts, polo shirts and long sleeved denim shirts.
Sizes would be helpful also. I would certainly buy a t-shirt! I definitely prefer the no-tag shirts. Either pocket or no pocket is fine with me, and most any color. (How about sawdust colored?) Sadly, it'll take a 2x or 3x for me. :o

Jim Tobias
06-25-2006, 5:50 PM
Denim, button down, long sleeve, XL.

Jim

Matt King
06-25-2006, 9:43 PM
I'll make the odd man out vote for a non-pocket T-shirt, but definately agree with the very heavy, non-tagged ideas, and I'd be pretty content with a pocket since that's what the masses seem to prefer!

I'm about a 2XL these days, it seems...... Any idea on pricing for the shirts yet?

Thanks,

Matt

Michael Gibbons
06-25-2006, 10:12 PM
At 6'2", 335 lbs, I'll take 3 in 3xl in something dark. Maybe we can have a poll on what the SMC t-shirt color should be?

Mike

Michael Gibbons
06-25-2006, 10:14 PM
I would certainly buy a t-shirt! I definitely prefer the no-tag shirts. Either pocket or no pocket is fine with me, and most any color. (How about sawdust colored?) Sadly, it'll take a 2x or 3x for me. :o
what color sawdust? Purpleheart, bloodwood, ebony or pine?

Dave Fifield
06-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Wonderful, thanks Jackie/Keith!!! :) Here are my inputs:

Style: Pocket T or Pocket Polo with embroidered logo on pocket
Material: 100% cotton only, please
Color: Black, olive green, stone (light) brown, earth tones....not white, please!
Cost: Whatever they are, plus a bit for SMC....I'm prepared to pay a lot for good quality!
Size: XL for me please!
Quantity: I'd likely buy 2 or 3 of each color and style

Thanks a bunch!
Dave F.

Bruce Page
06-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Count me in for a couple - as long as they're not white! :rolleyes:

Tyler Howell
06-26-2006, 6:58 AM
Polo and denium LS
3xl for comfort:o

Glenn Clabo
06-26-2006, 7:36 AM
XL
Long sleeve Denim logo over pocket.
T-Shirt Dark Blue with Logo would be cool.
Best quality is very important...IMHO.

David Duke
06-26-2006, 1:27 PM
I'd be interested in both the polo shirts and pocket T's; both in an XL.

Dennis Peacock
06-26-2006, 1:50 PM
Count me in for a T-Shirt.....XXLarge size...:rolleyes: :D

lou sansone
06-26-2006, 2:46 PM
large t shirt for me ...
thanks
lou

Lloyd Frisbee
06-26-2006, 3:17 PM
4XL Pocket T will work for me.

What our club has done for logos is a embroidered patch. Everybody comes in different sizes so the patch is truly a "one size fits all". They work on hats, aprons, smocks and shirts. And much cheaper too.

Lloyd
Silicon Valley Woodturners
San Jose, CA

Paul Stroik
06-26-2006, 6:34 PM
I would be interested in a Polo Shirt or even a button shirt in XL or XLT if that would be an option.

Paul S.

douglas hyde
06-26-2006, 7:25 PM
I need the 4x t's

Scott Vigder
06-26-2006, 9:46 PM
members could purchase those and sew them on any of their favorite shirts, jackets, etc...

Now just hold on a minute there John. I got married 'cuz I couldn't line up and sew a button on a shirt placket or cuff to save my life. TLOML is great at sewing, so much so she's a surgeon. Her work gives her lots of practice so she's always at the ready to patch my workshop overalls after I clumsily catch them on one sharp object or another.

Personally I'd buy the SMC logo denim shirt (L or XL) in a lighter-weight denim. Nice white SMC logo. Aleady on the shirt. Time to crack open a cold one!

Dave Ray
06-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Jackie, the long sleeve denim (XL) with logo over the pcket sounds good to me. Bt the way got my hat Friday... took it off for church Sunday:rolleyes: :rolleyes: but wearing it ever since. Thank you.

Dave

George Morris
06-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Sent check for two hats should arrive in a few days. I really enjoy all the great info. on this site. Thanks! George Morris

Sam Chambers
06-26-2006, 11:04 PM
what color sawdust? Purpleheart, bloodwood, ebony or pine?Yes! Maybe plaid? Tie-dye?

Rick Gibson
06-27-2006, 9:36 AM
Shirts I can use, hats I haven't wore one since I got out of the Air Force 30 years ago. Needs a pocket preferably a button front. I'll even take white in XL I can wear it to church. If the pastor's wife can wear blue jeans I can wear a T shirt.

Vaughn McMillan
06-27-2006, 5:06 PM
I'm good for at least one XL pocket T-shirt in anything but white, and likely more if there are several color choices. I'd also be interested in long-sleeved t-shirts, sweatshirts, and denim shirts.

- Vaughn

Chris Padilla
06-27-2006, 5:25 PM
I always wondered how David Marks stays so clean in his nice and tidy button-up collar shirt but I know something like that would get poly glue on it in a minute--even if the poly glue isn't be used that day! :eek: :mad:

I'd like a t-shirt and I'm not fussy about what kind. I'd even love to get one for my daughter but I think you'll have enough adult sizes to deal with! :D

Ed Breen
06-27-2006, 5:28 PM
Jackie,
I'd prefer blue denim long sleeve pocket with smc logo in XL (I'm L but I'd rather have the shirt shrink to fit me)
Thanx Ed:) :)

Jim Becker
06-27-2006, 8:30 PM
I always wondered how David Marks stays so clean in his nice and tidy button-up collar shirt ...

Simple...he only wears them when taping the show. Otherwise, he's a pretty informal guy.

Jerry Strojny
06-28-2006, 10:31 AM
I'd be in for a shirt. I like the idea of button down denim wtih logo on pocket. I've also noticed I've been wearing a lot more sweatshirts in the shop. Those would be a very nice option too. As far a size, I'm a medium to large, depending on company and material.

Frank Pellow
07-01-2006, 10:44 PM
[quote=John Miliunas]OK, Jackie, as long as you're asking... :D Denim blue, button-down shirt w/pocket(s) w/SMC logo embroidered on or above the pocket!!! :D (Don't ask for much, do I????:rolleyes: )

Me, too. XL

To get a hat do we just send the amount via paypal with a note?
Me three. Either medium or large.

I see that extra large is by far the most popular size, but I would get lost in one. Medium is my preference but large would probably be OK.

Karl Laustrup
07-02-2006, 6:14 AM
I would like a choice personally. I like long sleeved blue denim for winter and a good quality tee for summer. Embroidered SMC logo on or above the pocket. Sew on embroidered patch would work also. Colors? Yes!!!!

2X here.

Wait, I've just gotten a couple of PM's. The PM's are from members who wish to remain annonymous. They were asking about logo "thongs" and "granny type thongs". I would think sizes would be 3X and 4X. I would think the logo would be on the back. :eek: ;) :D

Karl

Tom Sherman
07-02-2006, 3:35 PM
Wait, I've just gotten a couple of PM's. The PM's are from members who wish to remain annonymous. They were asking about logo "thongs" and "granny type thongs". I would think sizes would be 3X and 4X. I would think the logo would be on the back. :eek: ;) :D

Karl

Karl that's hitting below the belt(pun intended):D <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Gregg Mason
07-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Double posted *****************

Gregg Mason
07-03-2006, 10:56 AM
I'd order a couple XXL Tees. Best quality available please.

Michael Gibbons
07-03-2006, 7:19 PM
Karl, There's not enough room on the back of a thong to apply a logo!

Mike

Mark Rios
07-03-2006, 7:21 PM
Karl, There's not enough room on the back of a thong to apply a logo!

Mike

3x and 4x thongs? You could paint a truck on the back of one of those.

The thought of seeing one of those being worn though makes me shudder down to my bone marrow.

John Miliunas
07-03-2006, 9:15 PM
3x and 4x thongs? You could paint a truck on the back of one of those.

The thought of seeing one of those being worn though makes me shudder down to my bone marrow.

I think Pesh might want a couple of those granny panties with the logo on the butt! :eek: :D :cool: