PDA

View Full Version : leigh d4 jig

Brad Hammond
09-14-2003, 5:20 PM
i'm considering a purchase. can anyone tell me if there are any substantial savings on these jigs at the woodworking shows?
thanx
brad

Jim Becker
09-14-2003, 7:44 PM
i'm considering a purchase. can anyone tell me if there are any substantial savings on these jigs at the woodworking shows?

Brad, I got a better price from Lee Valley than the direct price at the shows at the time I bought...and since you will still have to wait for shipment if you buy at a show, there is no instant gratification.

BTW, the jig comes with two cutters for through dovetails. If you also want to cut half blinds, you'll need at least the "#120" bit for that in addition. I bought the Jesada full Leigh Dovetail set when I bought mine. One suggestion...if your router can accept an 8mm shank with an adapter, consider getting your bits for this jig in that size. It's slightly larger than 1/4" and puts more metal to work. You'll also need quality guide bushings...no cheapies as you want them to be perfectly round. The Leigh bushings are good, but I like machined brass bushings. I bought them from Lee Valley, too.

Brad Hammond
09-14-2003, 8:10 PM
great suggestions! thanx jim