PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic 12V drill brake broke?

Sam Shank
06-22-2006, 4:40 PM
I have a Panasonic 12V drill, and it appears as though the brake is broken. It just coasts to a stop instead of abruptly stopping like usual.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it an easy fix or a 'dealer part'. I like the brake, and am handy if it's something in the realm of self fixing. But if it's electronic, or such, I guess I can learn to live without it.

Thanks for the help,

Sam

Frank Snyder
06-23-2006, 8:10 AM
Sam,

I had this happen to my 15.6 Panasonic drill...in my case it was the trigger switch that needed to be replaced. The part wasn't expensive (under $15). I took it to an authorized Panasonic repair center to have it fixed. With labor, the repair was around $40.

Hope this helps.

Frank

Sam Shank
06-26-2006, 4:02 PM
Thanks for the info.

My basement got about 2 inches of water in it thursday afternoon, and I spent the entire weekend cleaning mud from the city storm sewers that backed up into my basement. The kicker was, I had scheduled to take Friday off to do some projects around the house - one of those projects being to finish installing the backflow preventer, or check valve, that would have prevented the flood.

Thanks, Sam

Peter Pedisich
06-26-2006, 4:28 PM
Sam,

Wow, that's too bad. Hope it get's better for you, I've pumped out my basement enough to know how lousy it is.

Good luck,

Pete

Sam Shank
06-27-2006, 10:15 AM
It just got a little better this AM. FEMA just declared Cuyahoga County a flood disaster area, so I might be able to re-coup some of my losses.

Sam Shank
08-18-2006, 12:41 PM
To follow up, I ordered the switch for about $35 and installed it. Fixed the problem and it was VERY easy to do.

No money from FEMA - not enough damage. On the bright side, I got my basement much cleaner than it was before the water, and I got the check valve installed. We also got a lot of junk cleared out and threw away a lot of stuff we didn't need (and some we did unfortunately.)

Thanks, Sam