PDA

View Full Version : Wood Eyeglass cases

Barbara Buhse
06-22-2006, 4:30 PM
Anyone know of a source for wood engraveable eyeglass cases?

Barbara Buhse

Joe Pelonio
06-22-2006, 6:34 PM
That sounds like a good challenge for some of the woodworkers. I searched once and found several offshore Asian suppliers. None were
affordable in the minimum quantities. One place I found (below) sells
them, nice ones, and at the time I wondered if these people are Creekers!

http://www.cleverwood.com/eyeglass_cases.htm

Mitchell Andrus
06-22-2006, 8:57 PM
I'll bet the company that makes the pen boxes makes these too. If you can't find the importer, you'll have to go direct, and place huge minimum orders....

If you find anything state-side, please let me know. I'm looking too, and I'll let you know if I find anything.

Mitch

Shaddy Dedmore
06-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Would this work if you added some felt?
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/pkboxmpm.html

Shaddy

Mitchell Andrus
06-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Good catch. They don't list it as an eyeglass case, but the interior is big enough.

I'm ordering a few to fool around with.

Mitch

Barbara Buhse
06-23-2006, 5:01 PM
I'm going to try that box from Penn State Ind. The one from Cleverwood is beautiful, but way too expensive at $32.00 to then be marking up after engraving. I thought maybe routing out the inside of the pen boxes (I did win that router back in January, after all!), but they aren't big enough.
Thanks everyone. If anyone else finds something, please post!

Barbara

Joe Pelonio
06-23-2006, 8:00 PM
I'm going to try that box from Penn State Ind. The one from Cleverwood is beautiful, but way too expensive at $32.00 to then be marking up after engraving. I thought maybe routing out the inside of the pen boxes (I did win that router back in January, after all!), but they aren't big enough.

Barbara

Let us know how it looks when you get it, Barbara.

Pete Simmons
06-23-2006, 8:12 PM
I think the pen boxes are not deep enough.

Barbara Buhse
06-27-2006, 6:41 PM
no, pen boxes won't quite do it unless the glasses are really small...

Barbara

Ed Lang
06-28-2006, 8:14 AM
As some of you know, I am now fulltime in my shop. I have a CNC machine and 50W laser.

Maybe we can work together and design a case that we like and I'll be able to cut them on the CNC and we all get what we want.

Give me some sizes and shapes, Corel files are fine or you can send .dxf or .eps files and I'll see what I can come up with.

If you think this sounds good, lets try it.

Ed

Bob Keyes
06-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Barbara,

There is flocking available that, IMHO, does better than felt for areas like the inside of these boxes. You simply blow it on after painting. Here is a link, but there are many places to buy it. http://www.craftflocking.com/ .
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Barbara