PDA

View Full Version : FWW Charter Membership

Mark Singer
06-22-2006, 1:06 AM
This morning I joined the Charter Membership of FWW...The fee was reduced to only $14.95 per year. Usually it is $34.95. It seems like it gives access to a lot of useful information and the cost is reasonable. Have other people tried it?

http://www.taunton.com/ecommerce/Offers/FWN_Charter.aspx

Rick de Roque
06-22-2006, 2:07 AM
Yes, I joined and have found it to be very useful. I have alot of the back issues of FWW but find it easier to use the search function than to go thru all my old copies. And $14.95 for a year is well worth it.

Rick

Mark Rios
06-22-2006, 3:42 AM
Do I read right that you have to already have a hardcopy subscription in order to get the special price?

Alan Turner
06-22-2006, 5:52 AM
Mark,
When the price was lowered, I too joined. I find the index useful, and it is much faster than flipping through back issues. In order to get this pricing, I think you need to be a FWW magazine subscriber.

Jay Knepper
06-22-2006, 7:28 AM
It's a great bargain. I've really enjoyed my subscription.

I wonder if it's replaced the $100 + CD?

larry merlau
06-22-2006, 7:36 AM
i too joined it and have found it to be well worht the investment the indexing feature alone is cheaper than a filing cabinet:)

Mark Singer
06-22-2006, 9:09 AM
I am a subscriber through a second source discount vender of the subscription to FWW. I wasn't eure the # on my issue would work, but it did.... So far I like it and the videos are really good.

Brent Smith
06-22-2006, 9:16 AM
I subscribed a while back and haven't regetted it. The videos alone are worth the price. Use to be that the videos dissapeared after a few months, but now you can access them any time. In answer to Jay's question, yes it's replaced the CD they used to sell, I learnt that the hard way.

Brent

Tom Hamilton
06-22-2006, 9:43 AM
Yes, Mark, I also jumped on that offer. The access to the archives is worth the price of admission.

Tom

Julio Navarro
06-22-2006, 9:58 AM
I joined for 4.95 a month, I wonder if I should get the mag too. Ive found the site to be very helpful.

Keith Weber
06-22-2006, 10:22 AM
What exactly do you get with the subscription? I've had a subscription to the mag for about 2 years now. Do you get to access online versions of the magazine articles from days gone by? If so, in full or only select articles? If you could view all the archived issues, that alone would be worth the price of admission! I might have to reconsider!

Keith

Jim Becker
06-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Yes, I joined a while ago. The online system is pretty much the CDROM on steroids...searchable, more info, etc. $14.95 is bupkus compared to the wealth of information available.

Lee DeRaud
06-22-2006, 11:55 AM
I joined for 4.95 a month, I wonder if I should get the mag too. Ive found the site to be very helpful.Not sure that's the same thing. For the thing Mark posted the link to, you need to already have a subscription to the magazine to sign up: it asks for a "customer number" off your mailing label.

Mark Rios
06-22-2006, 3:36 PM
Not sure that's the same thing. For the thing Mark posted the link to, you need to already have a subscription to the magazine to sign up: it asks for a "customer number" off your mailing label.

Thanks Lee, I probably wasn't clear (again). That's what I was asking; Does one need to ALREADY have a hardcopy sub to get the deal?

That's what it looks like to me.

Jeffrey Schronce
06-22-2006, 5:09 PM
Thanks Lee, I probably wasn't clear (again). That's what I was asking; Does one need to ALREADY have a hardcopy sub to get the deal?

That's what it looks like to me.

Yes, you have to have a subscription to the magazine to get online access for $14.95. Otherwise, you can join at $4.95 per month for online access. I found a couple of months was plenty of time to review what I felt I needed to. If I had the magazine subscription I would go for the $14.95 per year.

Neil Clemmons
06-23-2006, 12:23 AM
I joined with the most recent issue I got in the mail. It's worth it just to easily be able to search articles. Great videos and other details. Well worth the price.

Neil

jonathan snyder
06-23-2006, 1:30 AM
I joined also. It is definitly worth 15 bucks especially for someone like me who just learning! I have been reading a few articles every night. Usually visit there after I leave the Creek!

Jonathan

Rick Gibson
06-23-2006, 12:46 PM
I signed up a couple months ago for the $34.95 price. Figure for the price of the magazine subscription I get access to all the back issues, videos and the new magazines as they come out. Articles that really interest me and I want to keep I download the pdf version supplied. Stored on the computer sorted by subject and don't have to search through a pile of magazines to find that one article I wanted. Also don't have to find a place to store the magazines.

Mark Rios
06-23-2006, 1:18 PM
I joined also. It is definitly worth 15 bucks especially for someone like me who just learning! I have been reading a few articles every night. Usually visit there after I leave the Creek!

Jonathan

Why do you leave the Creek?????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

:D